Customized Adobe CS3 icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
At first I didn't like the new Adobe CreativeSuite 3 icons that will ship later this spring. But after a while, the Photoshop CS3 and Bridge icons began to grow on me. They really stand out in the dock. The CS2 icons I never cared for because they were so similar at a quick glance.

I decided to give the yet to be released CS3 icons a personal makeover, adding rounded edges and the Apple glossy effect. This is my first icon set, so forgive me if they're not "up to snuff."

Feel free to download for your personal use if you see fit. If you're going to distribute them elsewhere, please include the Read Me file with it. Download links below.

Enjoy.

Preview:
CG_AdobeCS3_iconpreview.jpg

Download:
.Zip Archive | iContainer (Pixadex)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
very cool work. Tested out a few, and they look great!

Reaction score
I hate them.

I thought it was suppose to be "Creative Suite3"...those don't look creative to me.
angry2.gif

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder my friend. They aren't as "creative" as most icons, but their simplicity and ease of recognition is spectacular, I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I hate them.

I thought it was suppose to be "Creative Suite3"...those don't look creative to me.

Hello Mr Manners.

As CG said, they are based on Adobe's existing icons, but with rounded corners and a gloss effect. They look fantastic!

The only thing I'd point out is that the 'D' in In Design should be lower case for consistency with the others. I'm also wondering if the corners should be ever so slightly less rounded?

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only thing I'd point out is that the 'D' in In Design should be lower case for consistency with the others.
Yeah, you would think. But Adobe decided to use an upper case 2nd letter on some of their new icons, I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but that's what they did. You can check them all out at the 1st link in my original post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I didn't check that link!

They look nice on the colour wheel, although there are obviously consistency problems when you move away from the letters.

ID instead of Id is weird.

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, whatever reason they had for making some caps and some not wasn't good enough to throw consistency out the window, in my opinion.

M

MacHeadCase

CG, have you tried the CS3 beta?

I have read here and there that Photoshop CS3 is mostly a cosmetic update but they say that Illustrator CS3 is the first real major upgrade since Illustrator 7.

Is this true?

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CG, have you tried the CS3 beta?

I have read here and there that Photoshop CS3 is mostly a cosmetic update but they say that Illustrator CS3 is the first real major upgrade since Illustrator 7.

Is this true?
Photoshop CS3 is definitely MORE than a cosmetic update. There are so many new features that I can't begin to list them. Now some will not appeal to this person or that, but I can say a lot has gone into the new version besides a new palette scheme (cosmetics).

I can't comment on Illustrator CS3, but you won't have to wait long. Adobe is announcing the feature set of all the CS3 applications on March 27th... so hold on for just a bit longer.

Reaction score
I can't comment on Illustrator CS3, but you won't have to wait long. Adobe is announcing the feature set of all the CS3 applications on March 27th... so hold on for just a bit longer.

I don't know what to believe. I talked to Adobe Customer Service last night and they didn't know anything about March 27th. The lady told me Adobe has not set a date for CS3 yet.

What's true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
The new ACR (4.0 I think) that comes with CS3 is worth the upgrade by itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
At first I didn't like the new Adobe CreativeSuite 3 icons that will ship later this spring. But after a while, the Photoshop CS3 and Bridge icons began to grow on me. They really stand out in the dock. The CS2 icons I never cared for because they were so similar at a quick glance.

I decided to give the yet to be released CS3 icons a personal makeover, adding rounded edges and the Apple glossy effect. This is my first icon set, so forgive me if they're not "up to snuff."

Feel free to download for your personal use if you see fit. If you're going to distribute them elsewhere, please include the Read Me file with it. Download links below.

Enjoy.

Preview:
CG_AdobeCS3_iconpreview.jpg

Download:
.Zip Archive | iContainer (Pixadex)

very nice!

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know what to believe. I talked to Adobe Customer Service last night and they didn't know anything about March 27th. The lady told me Adobe has not set a date for CS3 yet.

What's true?
This is not abnormal. Customer service and tech support rarely are even located in the same state or country, let alone the same building - and quite often are completely independent of the company itself. The ones which are a part of the company are rarely told anything in advance, because they have no need to know.

What is for certain is that Adobe's own PR Department has a blog, and they have confirmed that the 27th is the date that we will be shown the new CS3 Suite. Now when it will actually ship is another question all together.

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And by the way, thanks to all of you for the kind comments about the icons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They're in my dock right now!

OP
CreativeGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I finally got around to releasing a Lightroom icon to go with the set, you can find it here

CG_Lightroom_icon.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.