Airport Utility accessing problem to TC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" (10,1), iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 3gs 32GB, Time Capsule 1TB
Hi to everybody, 3 months ago my TC starts to have a strange beahviour. The led changed from green to lamping amber. I didn't notice at the moment because the internet connection was working and the time capsule as well. I could surf in internet and access to the data on the TC either with my iMac either with the other device (ipad, iphone and macbook).
Today, thanks to christmas holiday, I decided to solve the problem.
First of all I tried to run Airport Utility, and i get the message that my tc has some problem, so clicked next and the software started to search with no result. it can't access to the TC. I tried also with manual setting. same results. The error reported is -6753
Everytime I try to use airport utility the TC freeze. the ligh change from lamping amber to continous amber. So I have to unplug and reconnect.
I decided to reset it (software and hardware) the problem is still present.
Now when I open my TC with airport utility I have the message that the TC is with default settings and needs to be setted. There is also a message to upgrade the firmware. If I run the firmware same results.
my actual firmware is 7.5.1
what can I do ?
the iMac is connected to the TC via ethernet.

after many attempt this is the report.

1 - Soft and hard reset done, the lamping amber light is still present.
2 - I connected the iMac directly to internet and no problem at all, even sharing the network through the iMac airport.
3 - When I trt to access to the TC with the Airport Utility (simple mode or manual mode) the TC freeze and I have to unplug.
4- If I try to upgrade the firmware TC freeze as well

On the 29th of Dec. I went to the apple store in Rome and they tested my TC. In the store, no problem. The guy could manage the TC through Airport Utility. I come back home and tried again, same problem. So I uninstalled the Airport utility and reinstalled again. No results. So I asked my brother in law to come and try with his MBP. Using his MBP no problem. I retried with my iMac and the problem is still present. So I fixed another appointment to the Apple store to change the TC.

On the 31th I received the new TC. I come back at home and tried again. same problem. I tried also with the MBP and the problem is present also on this pc.

Please help me I'm going crazy !!!

p.s. please forgive my bad english.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I take it you aren't in the US if you went to the Roman Apple Store. In the US both the Airport Utility and the firmware for all Base stations have been upgraded to 7.5.2

The current Airport utility is 5.5.2

Anyway - did you update to 5.5.2 before you tried upgrading your firmware? If not - have your brother in law come over and update the firmware - that should take care of the amber light (unless there is another problem)

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I take it you aren't in the US if you went to the Roman Apple Store. In the US both the Airport Utility and the firmware for all Base stations have been upgraded to 7.5.2

The current Airport utility is 5.5.2

Anyway - did you update to 5.5.2 before you tried upgrading your firmware? If not - have your brother in law come over and update the firmware - that should take care of the amber light (unless there is another problem)

Hi, you are right, I leave in Italy. I forget to tell that all the PC (MBP, iMac and win notebook) have the last version of Airport Utility (5.5.2).

The Time Capsule instead has the 7.5.1 firmware version. I tried to update it to the newest. but every time I run the upgrade the TC freeze, the amber lamping light become continuos.

Any ideas ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Are you connected wired or wireless when you try to upgrade? I recommend doing the update through an ethernet wire. If that doesn't work - take it to the Apple store and have them do it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you connected wired or wireless when you try to upgrade? I recommend doing the update through an ethernet wire. If that doesn't work - take it to the Apple store and have them do it.

I tried both options. Wired and Wireless, same result.

As suggested on another forum today I formatted my iMac and made a clear installation of Mac OS. All the update are done, no other software installed. Airport Utility is updated at the latest version (5.5.2).

I finally could run the firmware upgrade to the 7.5.2. during the TC reboot the TC froze. I had to unplug the AC adaptor.

As the TC booted I checked on Airport Utility and the firmware upgrade was done.

So I decided to run the software to customize my settings, but the problem was still present.

What the **** is going on !!!!

p.s. the folder on the TC is accessable from the finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.