Powerbook not booting up

Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4. I just had the DC-In replaced as it was not working. I got it back this morning and it was working perfectly fine. I left and took it home and it is now not booting up. When it did come on for the split second, it made a loud pulsing noise from the speakers. The spinning wheel came up on the gray screen, then it shut down. It will not boot up at all now. The cd drive makes a noise, but it never turns on. What could be the issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I have a Powerbook G4. I just had the DC-In replaced as it was not working. I got it back this morning and it was working perfectly fine. I left and took it home and it is now not booting up. When it did come on for the split second, it made a loud pulsing noise from the speakers. The spinning wheel came up on the gray screen, then it shut down. It will not boot up at all now. The cd drive makes a noise, but it never turns on. What could be the issue?

Almost anything could be wrong, I don't think anyone could diagnose it from here. It's likely to be something fairly serious considering it's not doing anything when you turn it on. Take it to a professional and have it looked at.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.