Help with HTML5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM, 256MB nVidia Graphics, 250 HDD
Hey guys, I'm unsure of where to submit my question, so I'll shout it out here. :D

I'm going to use HTML5 from now on my job and I'm unsure if I can compile the code on my computer using a specific software through my MacBook or if I can do it directly onto regular website editors.

Can someone help me? O:)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
HTML5 is just a new draft of the HTML spec - it's nothing drastically new. In other words, you write like you would any other (HTML4) code.

OP
MacLovin85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM, 256MB nVidia Graphics, 250 HDD
HTML5 is just a new draft of the HTML spec - it's nothing drastically new. In other words, you write like you would any other (HTML4) code.

All right. I was worried because I want an offline editor or not require a server to test my stuff.

Thanks for your time!

Reaction score
Yeah, vansmith is exactly right. If you're using Mac then I highly recommend checking out Panic's Coda. I used to use Dreamweaver in my previous job as they had licenses but since going freelance I've been using Coda. It's so much better in my opinion - much cheaper, faster and overall just really well written. I think there's a free trial too.

Reaction score
Yeah, vansmith is exactly right. If you're using Mac then I highly recommend checking out Panic's Coda. I used to use Dreamweaver in my previous job as they had licenses but since going freelance I've been using Coda. It's so much better in my opinion - much cheaper, faster and overall just really well written. I think there's a free trial too.

+1 for Coda and yes, there is a free trial.

Like the rest said - there is nothing to compile with HTML. Just make sure you read the specs and documentation on HTML5 so you can make use of all the pretty and useful features :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
download Coda if you want to make a website with html coding

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just make sure you read the specs and documentation on HTML5 so you can make use of all the pretty and useful features :)
One thing to note here is to check what browsers support what features. Not all browsers support the same features and when they do, it doesn't mean that they all support them in the same way (for instance, they all support the video tag but only support specific codecs).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.