PcAnywhere 12 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am trying to install pcanywhere 12, when it starts to install it gives an error and says cannot create directory /usr/local/lib.
Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what would cause this error? I am new to MAC's this is my first had it about a week and love it accept I need PcAnywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What kind of Mac do you have?
From the Symantec page:
pcAnywhere Mac OS® X Host
Macintosh® PowerPC G4/G5 processor only
Mac OS X 10.3 or later
Other applications from Symantec have this disclaimer:
The original releases of Symantec 2004/2003 products for Macintosh are not compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.
While not supported by Symantec Technical Support, some of the Symantec 2004/2003 products for Macintosh have limited features when installed on Mac OS X 10.4.
Norton Internet Security 3.x, including Norton Personal Firewall 3.x and Norton AntiVirus 9.x, is not compatible with Intel-based Macintosh computers such as the MacBook and MacBook Pro.

If you have an Intel-based Macintosh, you can upgrade to Norton AntiVirus for Macintosh 10.x, which is compatible with these computers.
If you have an Intel Machine, (eg: MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, or basically any Mac released within the last 12 months) then that is likely your problem. Rosetta isn't perfect, and it is possible that it isn't translating the software properly.
Also, Symantec's software for Macs has always been dodgy at best.

Try this link from their support site for more information:

How to determine if your Symantec Macintosh product is compatible with your Macintosh computer

OP
R
Reaction score
Got It!!

Thanks for the links, unfortunately they didn't help but researching the error "could not create dir" led me to a term called sudo. Once this was used in the MAC command terminal: MAGIC!!! PcAnywhere works awesome!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
What kind of Mac do you have?
Also, Symantec's software for Macs has always been dodgy at best.

Speaking of, Symantec's software for anything has always been dodgy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.