Snitty Text Edit

Reaction score
So what's the deal? Upgraded to 10.6.7 and now when I attempt to File Save As in Text Edit I'm blessed with a "file name invalid" routine -- regardless of what name I give the doc; never had that problem in the lower class unimproved 10.4.11 ... one does get so very tired of "improvements" like these put out by those who need to keep their company's cash flow strong ...

So what's the deal? Is this some new arrangement I'll just have to get used to?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about giving us some examples of the file names you're try to save? There has been no change in what constitutes a legal file name in Snow Leopard.

OP
A
Reaction score
Seems to come and go, depending on content rather than name .. appear to be able to work around it via Save As .pdf. Thanks for your response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The 10.6.7 Update had font problems. Particularly OpenFont issues. I know TextEdit has a default Font but maybe try using a different font when trying to save. Not sure if this is your problem but i had to re-install SL and then go back to 10.6.6 because of the Font issue and trying to use Motion4.

....regardless of what name I give the doc; never had that problem in the lower class unimproved 10.4.11 ... one does get so very tired of "improvements" like these put out by those who need to keep their company's cash flow strong ...

So what's the deal? Is this some new arrangement I'll just have to get used to?
Give Apple a break. There are always going to be little bugs. I cant find the source but recently i remember reading there was/has been 100+ updates/bug fixes for W7. Apple has just released the 7th update to SL. Not bad IMO.
Just saying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.