Safari 'Please enter keychain password'...really annoying! HELP!

Reaction score
Everytime i use Safari a popup box comes up that says

Please Enter your keychain password.

Nearly everytime you open a new webpage the box comes up twice in a row. You can either type in your password or just press cancel. Both work. But you have to do this everytime you navigate to a new page...really annoying! Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? - however this doesnt happen in firefox

Thanks.
James.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I'm tipping 10.4.9.......Leopard isn't out yet.
I assume you have a legit copy of OSX....do you have a password in your system accounts

You could try running free program called Onyx or purchase Disk Warrior. They might fix the error.

Reaction score
Navigate to:

MacintoshHD -> Applications -> Utilities -> KeyChain Access

Then go to KeyChain Access (in the menu) -> KeyChain FirstAid

You will be asked to enter your username & password and then you can verify and repair your KeyChain configuration.

Allowing applications to access your keychain
Applications that use passwords can't retrieve a password from your keychain without your permission. When a message asks you to confirm access to your keychain, you see several options:

Deny prevents access, so you'll have to provide the password yourself.
Allow Once grants access this time only.
Always Allow lets the application retrieve the password at any time without asking.
If you want to allow an application, such as Mail, to access your keychain without asking you, you can select this option in Keychain Access.

To set up automatic keychain access for an application:
Open Keychain Access, located in Applications/Utilities.
Click Show Keychains if the Keychains list is not open, then select a keychain.
Select Application in the Passwords category. Click the disclosure triangle if Application doesn't appear.
Double-click the password in the Keychain window, then click Access Control.
To allow access to this password by any application, select "Allow all applications to access this item."
To control access to this password, select "Confirm before allowing access."
To require the keychain password instead of the application password, select "Ask for Keychain password."
To add individual applications that can access this password, click Add (+) and navigate to the application you want to add.
IMPORTANT: If you select "Allow all applications to access this item" for an item in your keychain, you make it easy for a computer virus or other software to read the password.

Click Save.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Or you could do that.......:eek:neye:

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks. yeah it is 10.4.9...i just wasn't sure. in maths class they tell you to round up so thats what i did!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.