Need to back up my system but not sure how

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz White
Hi.
I am about to install leopard when I suddenly realized I hadn't backed up my files so my simple question is: how with a wireless hard drive do i go about backing up the files on my mac at the moment so, that when i install leopard I will be able to easily access these files without having to download them again? Also can this be done via wireless as i'm not sure my external HDD has a firewire port.

I.E. What I'm simply looking to do is backup the HDD (This would of course include everything picture music applications) at the moment then install Lepoard on erase and install option. My system would now be clean but I would be able to import all files that I needed back on to the system at any given time.

Thank you:D

Reaction score
Why dont you test it first? Back up to the external drive, afterwards see if you can set it as your Start-Up Disk (in System Preferences). (Use Carbon Copy Cloner as it is compatible with Leopard and creates a bootable backup)

If you can boot from it, then you have a workable and bootable backup. Note, that Time Machine does not support backups to wireless devices (It was supposed to but Apple yanked it at the last minute prior to release of Leopard)

Hi.
I am about to install leopard when I suddenly realized I hadn't backed up my files so my simple question is: how with a wireless hard drive do i go about backing up the files on my mac at the moment so, that when i install leopard I will be able to easily access these files without having to download them again? Also can this be done via wireless as i'm not sure my external HDD has a firewire port.

I.E. What I'm simply looking to do is backup the HDD (This would of course include everything picture music applications) at the moment then install Lepoard on erase and install option. My system would now be clean but I would be able to import all files that I needed back on to the system at any given time.

Thank you:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.