New Mac User

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently made the leap and bought a macbook pro. Happy with everything but the loud hard drive, but that's neither here nor there.

I hope a Mac-savvy user can help me: Is there a way to make fn+a the "select all" function in OSX? I know the factory is command+a, but I just can't seem to get used to it.

Thank you for your time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
I have no idea. Why don't you just try getting used to it lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
I hope a Mac-savvy user can help me: Is there a way to make fn+a the "select all" function in OSX? I know the factory is command+a, but I just can't seem to get used to it.

if everything on the mac was identical to the Pc there wouldn't be much point in switching....i know it's hard at first getting used to the differences, but you will..

just like driving a right hand drive car for years then getting into a left hand drive...sticking your hand out of the window to find the gear stick solves its self after a while...

good luck

C

chas_m

To summarize what's been said above: you bought a Mac, not a pretend-pc. Learn the Mac system, stop trying to make it be Windows, and you'll ultimately be a lot happier with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.