I deleted my documents thing on my dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 250gb
I deleted my documents thing on my dock and need help getting it back there. Anyone got any ideas? Its the regular leopard OS btw.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 250gb
tried that. it didn't work...any other ideas. right now all i have is a question mark thing there.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try again - that's how it's done.

or give us a pic of your "question mark thing".

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you dragging it to the Right side of the Dock where the trash can is? If you drag Documents to the Left Side of the dock where the Applications are, it will not work.

A question mark usually indicates a bad path.

Reaction score
I've tried it with the application and it doesn't work, I've receive my MBP without the application icon on the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
right now all i have is a question mark thing there.
As stated above, that usually means a bad path. Did you move the folder? (In Leopard, that's not possible. It copies the folder.) If the icon is of no use to you, drag it out of the Dock, and it will disappear. Then follow the instructions above as to the correct side to drag the icon to.

I've tried it with the application and it doesn't work,
Do you mean the Applications folder? If so, that has to go to the right side of the Dock. Read the posts above.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've tried it with the application and it doesn't work, I've receive my MBP without the application icon on the dock.

What part of it "doesn't work"? Are you having trouble navigating to the folder you want to drag, or are you having trouble placing that folder on the dock? Did you watch the video I posted and follow it precisely (i.e. dragging to the right side of the dock, near the trash)?

I'm sorry, but you'll need to elaborate a bit. Think of it this way - if you were having trouble with your car, you wouldn't describe the symptoms to the mechanic as "it doesn't work".

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
and for thrinfo - what version of OS X do you have?

Reaction score
I'm was on Leopard and upgrade to SnowLeopard and still the same, And about dragging, I can drag programs but no folder, so I created a folder shortcut to compensate.
If I tried to drag the application folder to copy it in the dock, it refuse and fall on the desktop, so I've got to drag it back to his original folder.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm was on Leopard and upgrade to SnowLeopard and still the same, And about dragging, I can drag programs but no folder, so I created a folder shortcut to compensate.
If I tried to drag the application folder to copy it in the dock, it refuse and fall on the desktop, so I've got to drag it back to his original folder.

Time to take it to the Apple Store. I don't think there's any more we can do for you here.

Reaction score
Just been able to return it to is place, it took the place of the folder shortcut and replace the content but still keeping with the shortcut arrow on the folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.