Has anyone found a fix for OS X's mouse problems?

Reaction score
I recently sprung for a new mac pro, and after comparing to my windows gaming machine, the mac operating system seems to have a plethora of issues with the mouse. Not only is the acceleration curve oddly shaped (either the mouse moves at a crawl, or it speeds across the screen faster that I can follow it with my eyes, very little middle ground), but there seems to be a significant lag between moving the mouse and seeing the cursor move when compared to windows. Are there any programs which can completely eliminate the mouse acceleration on OS Lion? Is there a reason for the lag?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What mouse are you using? Wired, wireless Magic Mouse, Mighty Mouse, Logitech etc etc etc. If the Magic Mouse, been reported problem with this mouse having a metal base plate, and the Mac Pro being metal, interference causes weak signal.

Suffered this myself and went back to a Mighty Mouse no more problem. And have you been into System Preferences to make mouse faster? Also if you Google there are many third party drivers claiming to make the mouse faster.

OP
Q
Reaction score
What mouse are you using? Wired, wireless Magic Mouse, Mighty Mouse, Logitech etc etc etc. If the Magic Mouse, been reported problem with this mouse having a metal base plate, and the Mac Pro being metal, interference causes weak signal.

Suffered this myself and went back to a Mighty Mouse no more problem. And have you been into System Preferences to make mouse faster? Also if you Google there are many third party drivers claiming to make the mouse faster.

I'm using an entirely plastic, wired mouse. Tried the mighty mouse on both systems, it was far too slow. The other issue is when the entire mouse is a giant button, you can't pick the mouse up without releasing the button. This makes it impossible to drag things all the way across the screen.

The problem is not mouse speed. The problem is acceleration and input lag.

C

chas_m

The other issue is when the entire mouse is a giant button, you can't pick the mouse up without releasing the button. This makes it impossible to drag things all the way across the screen.

If you're having to pick the mouse up AT ALL, that's your problem right there. You need to increase the acceleration, not eliminate it.

On the Mighty Mouse, you also need to disable the "side buttons" IMO, at least I often found myself squeezing them inadvertently.

I would also say that if you have both mouse buttons enabled, you need to watch your fingers and where they are clicking ... the Mighty Mouse's sensor for distinguishing between the left and right clicks is less sophisticated than the Magic Mouse's sensor for those of us with large fingers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.