'Clear All' button in Notification Centre

Reaction score
Hey, my first post so herein goes!

I work for a large mobile network and from using various android handsets notification centre was always something I was envious of until iOS 5 changed that! ...... The one thing I've thought it could do with though is a 'clear all' button opposed to pressing the 'x' for each app. I've especially noticed this on iPad as I seem to have much more notifications on there!

So.... Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
I dont have any apps in my notification center on my iPad. I can clear all of my notifications with just one click. If you're talking about closing all open apps then I would agree. A one step process would be an improvement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I work for a large mobile network and from using various android handsets notification centre was always something I was envious of until iOS 5 changed that! ...... The one thing I've thought it could do with though is a 'clear all' button opposed to pressing the 'x' for each app. I've especially noticed this on iPad as I seem to have much more notifications on there!

Apple absolutely needs to improve the Notification Center in iOS. That "x/clear" button is too small as it is. Honestly I think Apple dropped the ball by not addressing it with iOS 6. I think they actually hired someone several months ago who had done a fan-made concept of various improvements to NC, which makes it even more surprising they've done nothing with it.

I dont have any apps in my notification center on my iPad. I can clear all of my notifications with just one click. If you're talking about closing all open apps then I would agree. A one step process would be an improvement.

Close what open apps? In iOS? That list in the switcher area is just a list of previously opened apps. They are NOT all open, despite common belief to the contrary. iOS manages its resources very carefully and auto-quits idle apps if those resources are needed. That list down there does have very limited usefulness. They should at least limit it to the most recent 10 apps or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
Close what open apps? In iOS? That list in the switcher area is just a list of previously opened apps. They are NOT all open, despite common belief to the contrary. iOS manages its resources very carefully and auto-quits idle apps if those resources are needed. That list down there does have very limited usefulness. They should at least limit it to the most recent 10 apps or so.

Well I learned something today. I thought those apps were still open kinda like in OSX.

Thanks lifesabeach!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.