tiny dot on macbook

Reaction score
on the bottom of my 13 inch white macbook there a random dot on the bottom of my screen its like tiny but noticeable and like its earthier like clear or black anyone know how to get rid of it or tell me what it is? idk if its like a dead pixel or something else it never goes away even when the computer is off

Reaction score
Maybe you sneezed on it?
If it can't be cleaned off, then it's a dead pixel / hole.

Reaction score
yep, that would be a dead pixel. sometimes you can massage the screen where the dead pixel is and bring it back to life, but this doesn't always work. if it's still under warranty, take it back to apple and insist they replace the screen. it's way too expensive to pay for once it's out of warranty.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
but its really tiny will they fix it when its that small? or is there a program that might remove it?

Apple will not replace a display because of one dead pixel. Either you have to learn to live with it or you can try these:

1. LINK

2. LINK

Regards.

Reaction score
Apple will not replace a display because of one dead pixel. Either you have to learn to live with it or you can try these:

1. LINK

2. LINK

Regards.
LCD / LED screen manufacturers and PC manufacturers expect dead pixels. They wont replace a screen until there are a LOT of dead pixels or a weird cluster of dead pixels.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.