Kernal Error? Not Booting!

Reaction score
Hello to all, first of all i hope ive posted this in the right forum! anyway, im having major problems with my mac mini, ive encountered one of these kernal errors, its huge and appears when the mac first turns on. at the end it says panic! were going down (or something similar). ive read loads of stuff on the net but its not really helped me too much, ive tried holding ALT when it boots and i sometimes get it to a purple screen with two arrows on it and a mac HD icon, when i press the swirly arrow, nothing seems to happen, then i press the sideways on arrow, it takes me to the kernal error screen. I cant boot from disc as it never seems to let me. it was working fine and then now its just decided to crash. i was deleting files as i was originally trying to completley format the HDD because im selling the Mini, but it wouldnt seem to let me boot from disc?

i think i might of deleted the users folder and then also the system folder (which is pretty stupid i know) is there anything i can do? im a bit worried here!

ps, its a powerG4 1.44ghz mini, with 80gb HDD and 1 gb of ram. and ive got the os 9 install disc.

thanks alot
tom

Reaction score
Hello to all, first of all i hope ive posted this in the right forum! anyway, im having major problems with my mac mini, ive encountered one of these kernal errors, its huge and appears when the mac first turns on. at the end it says panic! were going down (or something similar). ive read loads of stuff on the net but its not really helped me too much, ive tried holding ALT when it boots and i sometimes get it to a purple screen with two arrows on it and a mac HD icon, when i press the swirly arrow, nothing seems to happen, then i press the sideways on arrow, it takes me to the kernal error screen. I cant boot from disc as it never seems to let me. it was working fine and then now its just decided to crash. i was deleting files as i was originally trying to completley format the HDD because im selling the Mini, but it wouldnt seem to let me boot from disc?

i think i might of deleted the users folder and then also the system folder (which is pretty stupid i know) is there anything i can do? im a bit worried here!

ps, its a powerG4 1.44ghz mini, with 80gb HDD and 1 gb of ram. and ive got the os 9 install disc.

thanks alot
tom

you are not going to like it, when I did this I had to start from the beginning and lose all disc data. That means reinstall. I have a minstack v2 for back up. so I lost about 10 days of info. if you don't have a back up you may lose all the disc info. are you near a mac store they may have a solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
T
Reaction score
hi, the mac itself doesent have any valuable data on at all to be honest,so wiping it isnt a problem! i dont think the discs that came with my minis are originally the discs which shipped with them, as i have an os9 disc and in the article posted above it says they shipped with osx. i did upgrade the mac via internet downloads to i think 10.3.7, so would i need the version of tiger above this to do a restore?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.