networking G4 to Mac Intel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Intel 2006
:Blushing: Hi,

I've just bought a Mac Intel off a friend (not the nice new chrome on, the old plastic one). I'm keeping my old Dome based G4, how do I hook these up to transfer my tunes and pictures?

Reaction score
:Blushing: Hi,

I've just bought a Mac Intel off a friend (not the nice new chrome on, the old plastic one). I'm keeping my old Dome based G4, how do I hook these up to transfer my tunes and pictures?

Easiest way is to check out the Finder Help for how-to's on this subject and post back if you get stuck ... iPhoto & iTunes have their own inbuilt network file-sharing preferences as well ...

I just entered "Sharing files with another Mac" in the search text field.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
You can use the migration asst if you trust it, I had some issues with it.

Otherwise refer to
Official Itunes Transfer FAQ(well sort of official)

Use that or...you can just cmd-click your music folder in finder and paste its contents in your new music folder then go to itunes preferences and change the destination to the new folder and go file->import (in itunes) and select your itunes music folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir
The easiest way is to put one machine in target mode (startup holding T), then connect machines with a firewire cable.

The target machine will show up as another drive on the desktop of the other. Simply copy.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Intel 2006
Excellent, thanks a lot guys, I'll try that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.