i am looking to buy a used iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
hi all, hhmmm ..... looks as if it will be £300 or more for a second hand iPhone 4 16gb black.

Looking on Ebay there was statement made by one seller that sounded like an untruth ?. The seller stated that a Jailbroken phone cannot be updated to iOS 5 !!!
meaning of course that his 2nd hand phone wasn't jailbroken !.

I am new to iPhone, so is this fella talking out of his backside ?

tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Always the newest iPad
Mine are listed at 225.00 USD as I think that is fair.
CL is your friend ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Looking on Ebay there was statement made by one seller that sounded like an untruth ?. The seller stated that a Jailbroken phone cannot be updated to iOS 5 !!!

You can update the firmware on a JB iPhone, however, doing so reverts it back to an unjailbroken state. The seller is actually being very honest with you by warning that once iOS 5 is released, you will lose the jailbreak if you update.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
You can update the firmware on a JB iPhone, however, doing so reverts it back to an unjailbroken state. The seller is actually being very honest with you by warning that once iOS 5 is released, you will lose the jailbreak if you update.

Thanks for that info, i have been out of touch for a few days, so am a bit in replying to your post buddy.

I have now decided to buy myself a new iPhone 4S due to arrive at the end of the month LOL

thanks for your help, so i am still a newbie, so with iOS5 does that mean i can't jailbreak at all, not as though i probably will anyway.

tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.