iPod touch - iOS 6 - App Store issue

Reaction score
After dealing with the App Store crashing on my iPod touch ever since I updated it to iOS 6, I decided to restore it to a fresh, clean slate, in hopes that it would fix the issue.
(I did not retrieve an iCloud or iTunes backup after this restoration)

This did not fix anything.

If I try to view Purchases, Search, or Categories, or any app that's featured, the App Store will still crash. There are the same issues I was dealing with before I restored.

So does anyone have any issue with the App Store in iOS 6, and if so, is there a fix? I'm due to get an iPhone 4 next week, I'm hoping it's not a hardware thing...

C

chas_m

Have you tried actually powering down the iPod Touch? I'm always surprised that some owners have never actually done this because they don't know how!

OP
C
Reaction score
Have you tried actually powering down the iPod Touch? I'm always surprised that some owners have never actually done this because they don't know how!

Before the restore, powering down solved nothing.

After the restore, powering down and booting up let me search through the App Store, but I still cannot view my Purchased items.

Edit:

Genius now works.

Search will work, however, after swiping past five or six results, the App Store crashes.

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, after syncing the iPod with iTunes, and adding and removing apps, books and what not, the App Store went back to its crashing at Purchases, Search and Categories. I've powered down the iPod, this time, the problem did not go away. It's a bit frustrating. I don't want to be tethered to my MacBook just to find new apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So does anyone have any issue with the App Store in iOS 6, and if so, is there a fix? I'm due to get an iPhone 4 next week, I'm hoping it's not a hardware thing...

None what so ever. App Store works really well in IOS6 and could not be happier.
Get your phone and enjoy it :)

My sons iP4 last week had the problem of Apps crashing and i got him todo a Hard reset holding down the Home button and the button up the top and when he powered back on he was right to go. I did also get him to close ALL his Apps he had open 43 of them once he powered on and he hasnt had a problem since.

OP
C
Reaction score
None what so ever. App Store works really well in IOS6 and could not be happier.
Get your phone and enjoy it :)

My sons iP4 last week had the problem of Apps crashing and i got him todo a Hard reset holding down the Home button and the button up the top and when he powered back on he was right to go. I did also get him to close ALL his Apps he had open 43 of them once he powered on and he hasnt had a problem since.

I never leave things in the App Drawer. When I'm done with an app, I make sure I fully close it. (Sort of an OCD thing for me)

As far as hard resets go, I did that after first encountering problems with the App Store crashing. They didn't seem to help much. So far tonight I've opened the App Store up, had it crash, and end up powering down and booting up, with some success in the App Store staying up.

But it's good to know that I probably won't have issues with an iPhone 4! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
But it's good to know that I probably won't have issues with an iPhone 4! :D

And that will be a definite i reckon. Havnt heard or seen anyone havng problems with it on there iPhone :)

Enjoy it !!!!1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.