• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Claim: Jobs left 'four years worth' of product plans behind

Reaction score
Claim: Jobs left 'four years worth' of product plans behind

jobs-stage.jpg
An unattributed claim in the British tabloid The Daily Mail says that Steve Jobs, the co-founder and chairman of the company, left behind as much as four years' worth of product plans in the pipeline before his death on Wednesday. The estimate is likely to be just an educated guess based on Jobs' famous obsession with planning and his strong desire to see Apple continue, but could be true -- or even conservative -- if history repeats itself....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Frankly, wouldn't be surprised if he left 20 years worth of ideas behind.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Frankly, wouldn't be surprised if he left 20 years worth of ideas behind.

Agree.

This strikes me as a non-news piece. What major company out there doesn't have at least 3 years in the product development pipeline at any given moment?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Given the time that it takes to bring a new product to the market, I would be shocked if they weren't already working on iPad 4 and the iPhone 5/5s. Having 4 years of "plans" should be a shock to no one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
This is just my opinion, but SkyNet really struggles to bring good gear to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
This is just my opinion, but SkyNet really struggles to bring good gear to the forums.

We had to limit its functions in order to preclude the possibility of it gaining sentience and unleashing a new generation of robotic killing machines bent on mankind's destruction. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
We had to limit its functions in order to preclude the possibility of it gaining sentience and unleashing a new generation of robotic killing machines bent on mankind's destruction. ;)

And for that we are all grateful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.