Help installing my OS... Just put a new Hard Drive in my macbook

Reaction score
Ok Went and bought a copy of snow leopard today since my last post got deleted... I thought that snow leopard was just an upgrade and you have to have leopard on your computer in order to install snow leopard... Am I wrong? I just put a hard drive in my macbook because my hard drive went out... My macbook is a 2 GHZ intel core duo... I bought a used hard drive off of ebay... It is a Fujitsu 160GB 2.5" it does have the apple logo on the hard drive...

So, I put the new hard drive in and this is what it is doing... There is a folder in the middle of the screen and it is just flashing... I went and bought a copy of snow leopard today... This is what I am doing... I am installing the DVD/CD and holding down The control button then restarting the macbook... The macbook takes the DVD/CD and makes some noise that it is reading or trying to read maybe a minute or a little less goes by and it spits the dvd/cd back out...

So, I don't know if I need to format some other way or missing some step I need to do... Maybe my DVD/CD rom isn't working... It did work before the computers hard drive went out...

Any suggestion before I go and buy an external DVD/CD drive to try that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Xeon 6gb DDR2 1TB OSX Server
Have you tried holding down C when turning on the macbook? That should boot to the dvd.

OP
S
Reaction score
Have you tried holding down C when turning on the macbook? That should boot to the dvd.

Hi, Yes i did some research on the internet and I tried the holding down the letter C also while I was restarting my macbook... Does the same thing... The DVD/CD rom worked before my computer lost its Hard Drive but the only thing I ever tested in the DVD/CD Rom on was a Movie maybe 2-3 weeks before it lost its hard drive... I had the Macbook only for about 3 months...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.