240GB iPod Classic?

Reaction score
Would you guys buy a 240GB iPod Classic? I posted this story on my site I read from 9to5mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Seems a bit excessive, though I guess there must be a market for it somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
It seems like it'd only be practical if it could handle HD movies, without them, you'd never use it all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro15 2.4/4/500 (Mid 09), MBAir13 2.13/4/256 (Late 10)
so you're regurgitating info you read elsewhere onto your own site, then not-so-coyly promoting it here?

as told by your now "banned status", you've learned one lesson. the second lesson is to learn how to read or investigate the facts; the 240gb drive doesnt work in the Classics. it only works in the 5th gen iPod since the current Classics arent able to recognize a multiplatter drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Couldn't they make it capable of handling it simply by going back to the Video, ripping its drive capabilities onto the Classic, then create larger drives for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
If you use it for 3-8 years, depending on the amount of files you download into iTunes, you could do it, I'm about half-way there after 2 years.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
i can't even feel up my 80gb

Go grab your iPod. Sit back in a comfortable chair. Close your eyes. Hold the iPod in your left hand (right if you're a southpaw). Then with the fingertips of the other hand begin touching it at the screen. Feel it's silky smoothness. Take some time here. Don't be in a rush. Feel the edge where the screen meets the case. Gradually, move on down to the click wheel. Softly now. No pressing yet. Run your fingers over the click wheel. Feel the sensation as you move from the center button to the outer scroll wheel...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
What the fprintf was that??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Read what he quoted, and you'll get it.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Absolutely. My 160gig was too small, and broke 2 weeks after they discontinued it for the 120gig only Classics :(

edit:

It seems like it'd only be practical if it could handle HD movies, without them, you'd never use it all.

If you love music and love torrents, it's really not that off the wall. I'm at 180+gigs of music at the moment, and I just cleaned about 20-30gigs out of it a couple months ago. That being said, yes, I know it's stealing, and I know I'll have to answer to Him when I die.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.