new iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
My iPhone 3G is looking slow to me by since the iPhone 3Gs came out this past summer. I was debating about getting the 3Gs but I'm worried that the minute I do a new iPhone will come out. My contract ends summer 2010 but I have an upgrade in December. Many people are offering to buy my iPhone for a good price. I am wondering what I should do. Wait for a new iPhone or go for the iPhone 3Gs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If Apple is going to keep its timeline of releasing a new iPhone annually, and there is no indication that it won't, then you're looking at an update in summer 2010. Keep in mind that if you upgrade now to the 3GS, you won't be eligible for the discounted price when the new iPhone comes out.

So the question is whether you wish to gain a speed increase now or wait a few months for a potentially superior phone.

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that is what I'm thinking I might as well just wait bc my phone functions fine I really want to see what they are going to do with the iPhone next. With all the android phones coming out and all the competition I am sure they are cooking up something that will blow the competition out of the water. I am hoping anyways since I am sick of hearing people smash on the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
great... I am in the same boat as you are... Right now I have a hand-me-down 3G iphone. However I will be eligible for an upgrade in January. So should I wait for 6 more months after January to get a new iphone or just get the 3GS.

However therichad, I was thinking this. Lets say that we do get the 3GS in Dec/Jan, then the new iphone comes out theoretically in lets say may 2010. Then we could sell our 3gs and then pay the difference for the new iphone...

However it seems more logical to wait till the summer, but I can't wait that long. I've already waited too long for my upgrade.... I guess I could be labeled as impatient.

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah I am also impatient. the thing is will people be willing to buy the 3Gs after the new iPhone comes out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
What the point in waiting? If you want it get it. It's worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
What the point in waiting? If you want it get it. It's worth it.

Good advice bargsbeer. Actually the same advice that is given each and every time this question is asked. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Good advice bargsbeer. Actually the same advice that is given each and every time this question is asked. :)

Thanks, I was in the Apple Store once, That's what one of the Genius' said to me. Even you do you upgrade iPhone' have a very high resell value so you can always flip it quick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iPhone 3G is currently selling for around $350, not far from the $399 retail price, despite the 3GS being available. So you could easily sell your 3GS next summer to help mitigate the cost of the fourth gen iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.