What kind of crap is this? No AppleCare for Connecticut?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
You've got to be kidding me!

Apple is not authorized to sell the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone to residents of Alabama, Connecticut, Nevada, or Wyoming. If you are a resident of Alabama, Connecticut, Nevada, or Wyoming, please do not order the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone. If you submit an order that includes the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone, Apple will remove it from your order, notify you about the removal and process the remaining items on your order.

Apparently Apple is “not authorized” to sell it in those states. That's the most I LOVE PRETTY PINK PONIES thing I ever heard. I hope I don't drop my iPhone when I get one...:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah those states have policies that don't work with Apple's policies and so instead of fighting with the state, they just don't offer it and hope that those state's constituents will change the laws :)

Reaction score
are you close to the border? wonder if you could buy it in another state and use the policy there if anything ever would happen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
are you close to the border? wonder if you could buy it in another state and use the policy there if anything ever would happen

Exactly my first thought, just move. I agree, that is truly ridiculous of Conneticut. If you can't move, talk to your legislators and good luck! :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Exactly my first thought, just move. I agree, that is truly ridiculous of Conneticut. If you can't move, talk to your legislators and good luck! :)

No I'm right in the middle near Hartford lol.

Reaction score
Bull

I agree that this is B.S., in CT and NV you can purchase AppleCare Proection Plans for EVERY PRDUCT IN THE APPLE PRODUCT LINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE iPHONE?????? Are we to believe that state legislature allows all other Apple products this service but not for the iPhone??!!! come on!. Something Stinks here!!! I don't think its the legislature in the states either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Call then, Apple is usually pretty straight with people when they call in about these things.

Reaction score
Here is the letter I sent to Apple dated 07/25/07

Mr. Jobs,

It is my understanding that Applecare Protection Plans can be purchased in the State of Nevada for the entire product line Apple offers with the exception of the iPhone. On July 7, 2007 Apple released a statement saying that the Applecare Protection Program would be offered in mid late July. Please take note that this announcement was made well in advance of the fourteen day return policy by Apple. As of July 24, 2007 the Applecare Program was introduced for the iPhone however, my home state of Nevada was EXCLUDED. Now I am out of my 14 day return policy, was misinformed about Applecare by both ATT and Apple, and the only answer I get from Aplle is a resounding NO! Please address this issue as the Department of Business and Industry State of Nevada has told me that as long as the original manufacturer is offering the warranty and assuming the risk, no special license is needed. Here is a hypothetical: I now live in New York, I purchase an iPhone and the Applecare Protection Plan, 10 months later, I move to Las Vegas, 6 months later my iPhone breaks...is my Applecare PP void because I now live in Nevada?

Please help.

*They did respond with "possibly in the future"

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
*They did respond with "possibly in the future"

I've heard a "rumor" that AppleCare will be available in the "missing states" sometime in August. I sure hope so!

Also I apologize if I offended anyone by calling the policy "retarded". I'll use less language in the future. Unfortunately I cannot edit my original post, so it will read "I LOVE PRETTY PINK PONIES" forevermore, as edited by the moderators.

Reaction score
Did you ever think that these States are Protecting Your Rights??? Maybe your consumer Laws do not allow Apple to limit the hardware protection to 1 year since they are offering tech support for 2 years or limit warrentee from accidental damage.

If you drop your iPhone, what makes you think that AC will cover the damage???
Since when has any of their warrentee's covered damage from Abuse.

It seems to me that all your getting is a $10 discount on replacing a dead battery.
Now if Apple releases a new TOA in August which gives you more Rights under your States Consumer Protection Laws.........Who's gonna be the re(I mean) Poptarted then??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've heard a "rumor" that AppleCare will be available in the "missing states" sometime in August. I sure hope so!

Also I apologize if I offended anyone by calling the policy "retarded". I'll use less language in the future. Unfortunately I cannot edit my original post, so it will read "I LOVE PRETTY PINK PONIES" forevermore, as edited by the moderators.

Oh man I wish that was me that edited it.. that's too funny :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The fact that some state laws are keeping Apple from selling the protection makes me wonder what is wrong with the protection plan! It's not like that States are saying, "We don't like Apple so they can't sell it, haha!" Or Apple is saying, " we don't like those states so we won't allow it there!"

Something definitely stinks, but it must be something with the plan. As much as people have been jumping all over anything to do with the iPhone, there must be some detail in this issue out there somewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.