Updating Office 2011

Reaction score
Hi there. My Mac told me I needed to update my Office program. It keeps telling me it can't continue until I close the Microsoft Database Daemon and SyncServices Agent. I tell it to close the programs and continue but it won't.

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac I7 32Gig, Ipad2, 4 Iphones and an Apple TV V3
Hi there. My Mac told me I needed to update my Office program. It keeps telling me it can't continue until I close the Microsoft Database Daemon and SyncServices Agent. I tell it to close the programs and continue but it won't.

Help!

Make sure Outlook is closed. Go into the process lsit and make sure - or reboot and do not start Outlook.

Once updated, Outlook will go through a lengthy repair process on the database. This is normal

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you...Where is the process list? I've tried the reboot without starting outlook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac I7 32Gig, Ipad2, 4 Iphones and an Apple TV V3
Thank you...Where is the process list? I've tried the reboot without starting outlook...

Activity Monitor

Highlight the process you want to kill and do a force quit

or

open a terminal

type "ps -ef"

find the process you want to kill and type

kill -9 'pid' where pid is the process ID number

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.