What is a good cleaning software for my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20' iMac
I was just wondering about some good "spring cleaning" apps for my iMac..

I notice that some files are corrupted on my hard drive and Im sure their are lots of crap to get rid of but I am not sure what is the best way to go about it.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Onyx and MainMenu are popular options. I use Onyx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
The good news is, a Mac doesn't really require such cleaning software unlike Windows since Mac does it routinely for you while you're using the computer. But if you really want a software to help clean stuff up, I'd suggest Onyx.

Reaction score
If you turn your desktop off every night or use a mac book then some of your routine maintenance may not occur. MacJanitor (Freeware) is a great application that will keep your mac running smoothly.

MacJanitor is listed at Apple Mac Freeware under "Utilities & Tools"

Reaction score
The good news is, a Mac doesn't really require such cleaning software unlike Windows since Mac does it routinely for you while you're using the computer. But if you really want a software to help clean stuff up, I'd suggest Onyx.
How does it clean routinely?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It runs cleaning scripts in the background at certain times of the day. So if at a weird time of the day say 3 am you're getting an unusually large amount of hard disk activity it is just the mac running these scripts. Which chean things up, regulate things and other nice little things.

There are daily weekly and monthly scripts. Called that cause of how often they occur. The weekly scripts are the ones that take the longest amount of time to complete. Mind you you can still use your mac while all this happens. Most times you won't even notice it's happening.

Though you can run these scripts whenever you want with many of the apps listed in this topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
Onyx, macjanitor, cocktail are all good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Another good little utility is Macaroni from Atomic Bird and it runs all these scripts etc automatically. There is a 35 day trial offer from Atomic Bird at:-

http://atomicbird.com/macaroni

Full registration is less than $10.00.

Reaction score
i am looking for something to free up space taken by duplicate files, language packs etc. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
i am looking for something to free up space taken by duplicate files, language packs etc. Any ideas?

monolingual gets rid of all the languages that you don't need and frees up space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.