New owner, things to keep new MacBook looking new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I had a white MacBook before and bought shieldzone for it as the plastic was easy to scratch and stain. Just wondering things I should watch out for with my MacBook Pro. How does the metal hold up to daily use? does the paint on the track pad or trackpad button wear off over time? I assume they would wear similar to the powerbooks ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
The metal holds up fairly well, but watch out for little dents and dings that can form in the casing. My neighbor has a MBP, and he has dents in all eight corners, along with a bent optical drive slot.

As long as you aren't dropping the MBP (or a 20 pound handweight on the MBP in the case of the bent optical drive), it will hold up well for quite some time.

He hasn't had any paint wear either, and he's had it for about a year and a half, so, at least for that long, it should stay shiny and nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
I put my macbook pro in a clear plastic skin to protect it from scratches and dents. Bought it at the apple store. Many colors if you dont like clear.

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/15-macbook-pro/25

161-full.jpg

171-full.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
OP
Noxian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have had my MBP for about two weeks now, so perhaps this isn't all that relevant, but I am having no issues with dents, scrapes, etc. I think the key here is simply treating the machine well... just like any computer! If you abuse it, it will show up eventually, but if you treat it well, it will continue to look well.

OP
Noxian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have had my MBP for about two weeks now, so perhaps this isn't all that relevant, but I am having no issues with dents, scrapes, etc. I think the key here is simply treating the machine well... just like any computer! If you abuse it, it will show up eventually, but if you treat it well, it will continue to look well.

yeat that's always been my thoughts, after all I do repair computers as my day job so I know how to treat them so they last long. Just because its a laptop doesn't mean you can just throw it around and it wont break :) unless its a MBA with a SDD :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.