Office for Mac 2008 & Entourage

Reaction score
I have recently moved from Windows XP to Apple OS X.

I purchased the Office for Mac '08 product and would like to install Excel, Word & Powerpoint. I want to use the Apple Mail, iCal products and do not want to use the Entourage product. I do not see any do not see a way to install the product without installing Entourage. Once you complete the install Entourage hijacks you system and assumes that Entourage is you primary email, calendar product.

Does anyone know how to install the Office for Mac '08 product without installing Entourage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I have entourage installed and didn't even know it was there. No hijacking going on over here, I sync my Blackberry with Address Book, iCal, and use the Mail.app client with no problems. :)

Reaction score
You can install Entourage w/out it taking over all you mail/cal options. I beleive it asks you if you want to make it the Default mail/cal app, i chose no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Does anyone know how to install the Office for Mac '08 product without installing Entourage?

In the Office installer, on the fifth step ("Installation type") click the Customize... button, click the disclosure triangle next to "Office 2008", and un-check Entourage.

If you've already installed it, then just Trash Entourage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The default mail program is set in Mail's preferences.

You can also safely delete the entourage program and no harm will come of it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.