X11 update for Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33(Snow Leopard)
Hi.

AppFresh keeps showing me a X11 update but after I download it and try to install it I get the error message above.

So does my X11 needs upgrading?

Screen shot 2009-10-03 at 12.06.00 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
No, AppFresh is most likely confused by 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and keeps giving you erroneous information about X11.

OP
cansurmeli
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, think you are right wmprice1240. But the developer says that it's compatible with 10.6 anyway. Think she/he hurried up when writing that Appfresh is ready for Snow Leopard.

Also I got more proof for your thought. Once Appfresh said that Skype needed an update and when it downloaded the update it was an older version. Also Appfresh shows things that are updated again after a refresh.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Yeah, think you are right wmprice1240. But the developer says that it's compatible with 10.6 anyway. Think she/he hurried up when writing that Appfresh is ready for Snow Leopard.
It is true that they do state Snow Leopard compatibility but they also state that, "AppFresh is still work in progress and released as a Development Preview. We cannot assure that AppFresh is working correctly on every setup. Although installing applications using AppFresh has been heavily tested, please make sure to have a working backup."

Most applications have auto-update functionality built-in nowadays and IMO, this makes AppFresh irrelevant. If you ensure that all the applications you want to keep up to date have this enabled, you should be fine. If that fails, there is always good ol' Google.

OP
cansurmeli
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are right too vansmith but the thing I like about Appfresh is that it updates everything, well mostly everything, from one place that you don't have to open every single application and check for their updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You are right too vansmith but the thing I like about Appfresh is that it updates everything, well mostly everything, from one place that you don't have to open every single application and check for their updates.

With most applications you have the option to search for updates automatically, so when you open them, if there is an update, it takes care of things for you. ....You don't have to open every single application & check for updates, you can wait until you need to use them, and if you are so anxious to have the "latest version", then you can do a manual check. It only takes 2-3 mouse clicks :)

Too many people running into too many problems rushing into the latest updates, when everything is running smoothly as it is!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.