How do I reset my multitask apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
So I've been playing with my iP4 for a while and my list of active multitasking apps has gotten pretty long, and now it's faster to find it on the springboard.

I thought redrafting would reset it, but all of the apps were still listed after restart. How can I reset this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Did you try restarting your phone?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's one thing I really don't like already on my 3GS. Everything stays on in the background. I preferred it without this type of multi-tasking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
The point of fast app switching is that you can quickly get to your RECENTLY OPENED apps. If you reopen an app, it should move to the front of he list.

That being said, if you open the app switcher and hold down your finger on one of the apps like you do to rearrange the icons, they will start to wiggle and a red minus appears over them. Tap the minus and the app will close.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
That's one thing I really don't like already on my 3GS. Everything stays on in the background. I preferred it without this type of multi-tasking.

All those open apps don't really seem to bog down my 3GS. It seems like just enough resources are devoted to them to keep them open. It's not like 30 apps are actually running at the same time. I think of it like putting the apps to sleep vs shutting them off completely. (like you do with hardware)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That being said, if you open the app switcher and hold down your finger on one of the apps like you do to rearrange the icons, they will start to wiggle and a red minus appears over them. Tap the minus and the app will close.

That just seems like a pitr step for those of us that weren't crying about whatevernameradiostreaming app wouldn't work in the background.

At this point, I have not found what good this multitasking ability has done for me.

Guess I do like having a quick feature to get to the basic iPod functions, but the function I'm typically looking for is not available there so I still have to open the app itself.

(Edit: sorry about stealing your thread fleurya)

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Did you try restarting your phone?

Yeah, that's what I meant by saying "redrafting" Auto-Incorrect strikes again!

For some reason I felt like I had tried that and nothing happened. I guess I didn't hold down long enough.

Those little red circles are kinda hard to hit!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.