itunes

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a new mac but some restored files from time machine.

When I try to sync ituens to my iphone I cat this message.

Any suggestions?

screen.jpg

C

chas_m

Repair permissions. If you don't know how, check the Help files from the Help menu in the Finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Would an Onyx privelage repair be better then a disk utility one? I heard the Onyx one goes deeper or something I dunno. It's worth a shot.
And random question but have you made sure you have not locked the hard disk or anything like that?

OP
B
Reaction score
Would an Onyx privelage repair be better then a disk utility one? I heard the Onyx one goes deeper or something I dunno. It's worth a shot.
And random question but have you made sure you have not locked the hard disk or anything like that?

Thanks but did not help.

Any other ideas?

C

chas_m

Check the permissions on your hard drive itself (by selecting the HD and pressing command-i for "get info").

The permissions should read as follows:
System (read/write)
Admin (read/write)
Everyone (read only)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I seem to recall itunes asking me to transfer permission when my parents gave me thier old ipod, that might be the issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you authorize your new computer in iTunes and if you decommissioned the computer
you originally synced the phone with did you de-authorize it .

OP
B
Reaction score
Check the permissions on your hard drive itself (by selecting the HD and pressing command-i for "get info").

The permissions should read as follows:
System (read/write)
Admin (read/write)
Everyone (read only)

This is what I have.

hd.jpg

C

chas_m

Not directly related to your issue, but I will never understand why people operate THEIR computer from a non-admin account.

It makes *NO* sense whatsoever and does nothing but cause problems.

Bullface: what about the authorizing of the iTunes account? Did you do that? I don't think that's what is causing the issue but it would be nice to "tick it off the list."

OP
B
Reaction score
Not directly related to your issue, but I will never understand why people operate THEIR computer from a non-admin account.

It makes *NO* sense whatsoever and does nothing but cause problems.

Bullface: what about the authorizing of the iTunes account? Did you do that? I don't think that's what is causing the issue but it would be nice to "tick it off the list."

Hi

Yes I did authoriz the account.

I should mention as it may be relevant that 90% of my music/app/videos are synched.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Because many of us (myself included) have used Windows for years and that has been drilled into our heads. Sometimes it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks - as the saying goes. :Smirk:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.