• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Man eats new hottest chilli in the world (first grown in Australia)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Man eats new hottest chilli in the world

Darwin home to red hot chillies | News | NT News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au
The video of him eating it is in the link.

The World's Hottest Chili Requires Protective Gear

Aussies grow world's hottest chilli

New chili pepper crowned world’s hottest | The Upshot Yahoo! News
Another link with a nice video
He added that the pepper is so potent, he and his his team have to wear protective gloves when handling the Butch T., lest their hands are left "pumping heat for two days later." Making salsa with the Butch T., he explained, involves wearing chemical masks and body suits to defend against fumes given off in the cooking heat.
That's some insane chilli.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think my aunt would like this. She eats Habaneros for a snack.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I think my aunt would like this. She eats Habaneros for a snack.

Yikes!! When I was in college, my girlfriend's father had a little garden with jalapenos and habaneros - he knew I liked spicy foods so he gave me a few of his habaneros. That night - I decided to make myself some chicken fajitas and while I was cooking up the chicken in a pan I diced up the habaneros and tossed them in with the chicken. Well - of course my face and eyes started stinging but that wasn't the bad part. I also had to go to the bathroom - and didn't really consider what was on my hands - well - let's just say I spent the next 15 min upstairs in the shower trying to soothe certain parts don't react well to pepper oils. :Blushing: Another tough life lesson learned. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yikes!! When I was in college, my girlfriend's father had a little garden with jalapenos and habaneros - he knew I liked spicy foods so he gave me a few of his habaneros. That night - I decided to make myself some chicken fajitas and while I was cooking up the chicken in a pan I diced up the habaneros and tossed them in with the chicken. Well - of course my face and eyes started stinging but that wasn't the bad part. I also had to go to the bathroom - and didn't really consider what was on my hands - well - let's just say I spent the next 15 min upstairs in the shower trying to soothe certain parts don't react well to pepper oils. :Blushing: Another tough life lesson learned. :)

Must have been the most memorable 15 minutes of your life. >_<"

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
That's the funniest thing I've read today. I bet it wasn't too funny at the time, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try living in Mexico the8thark. Learn how to clench the buttocks and knees at the same time!

The by-line 'Connor Byrne tackles etc' really sounds like an April Fool joke!

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yeah but all the people in Mexico get the good stuff from Nimbin or Griffith. So that dulls the chilli pain when it comes time to excrete them out. We in the north have to do it the man-ly way without the pain relief :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Lol the8thark meant Mexico as in Mexico City Central America.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same thing really. Both south of the border.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mad buggers eating them like that. My nearly 8yr old boy would give them a good go. I love hot chillies and not shy about it, but Jazz will when we go to the markets always go for the XXXX HOOTT CHILLI and will not budge. It amazes me to this day. He can handle chilli hotter than myself and when the little store owners watch him and say to him no dont thats hot, we end up getting a lot of free stuff just bc they are amazed at the tolerance this 7 yr old has lol

Cracks me up . . . .

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine something hotter than a ghost chili.

I am a "chili head" and when I read the article I thought the same thing. I had a dozen of them ghost chili's, and made some home brew hot sauce, 3 drops is all I need for a pot of chili.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bhut Jolokia chili pepper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(the ghost chilii)
Elsewhere in India, scientists at Manipur University measured Bhut Jolokia's average Scoville rating by HPLC at only 329,100 SHU.
And the Aussie Butch T is 1,463,000 scoville heat units (SHU). So this Aussie chilli is roughly 4.4x hotter then the average ghost chilli.

You can even buy chilli sauce with the Butch T chilli in it.
http://thechillifactory.com/view_product.php?id=34
$15 for 150ml of the sauce which is 58% chilli. They say that's 5 serves of sauce per bottle.

So if you feel a little suicidal this is the chilli sauce for you.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bhut Jolokia chili pepper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(the ghost chilii)

And the Aussie Butch T is 1,463,000 scoville heat units (SHU). So this Aussie chilli is roughly 4.4x hotter then the average ghost chilli.

So if you feel a little suicidal this is the chilli sauce for you.

LOL - doesn't surprise me that the Aussies have hottest - if you're making a list of the top 10 ...ANYTHING... that will put a hurtin' on you - Australia will have at least 8 out of 10 - be it snakes, jellyfish, insects...or peppers. :)

Reaction score
I have Infinity Chilli sauce in the fridge. It is insane. about 1.05m schoviles. I use about 4 drops for a curry for about 3 people. It is properly crazy.

Reaction score

Auts, that so doesn´t sound nice! I can only image the pain, hope I never to have to experience it though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I make hot sauce on occasion and on one certain occasion, I tried to put my contacts in about ten times after handling the jalapeños and eventually gave up.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I make hot sauce on occasion and on one certain occasion, I tried to put my contacts in about ten times after handling the jalapeños and eventually gave up.

I like to think I would have given up after the first attempt - but I applaud your commitment to getting the task done ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
All I can say is that I've got an addiction to Nando's extra hot PeriPeri, and as much as I suffer for it, no pain, no glory!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.