transfer music from iPod/ iPhone to mac

Reaction score
I have music on my iPod touch and iPhone that was not bought through iTunes and I have changed my HD on my lap top. Is there any way I can transfer the music free back onto my laptop at all? I have been searching for a solution but no good solution. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There aren't any free apps that I can recommend to you, however, "iRip" for $19.95 works well. LINK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Hi,

I have used iPhone Explorer (might be called iExplorer now) to do this previously.

The music can be organised a little odd, so basically you just drop it on iTunes and let iTunes rebuild the library which will re-organise the music in a way that is useful to iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone6s, Mini Server (2011), MBP 15inch i7(2013) Retina, iPad Pro
There aren't any free apps that I can recommend to you, however, "iRip" for $19.95 works well. LINK

Thank you for this suggestion. I've been needing something like this. My PC HD failed and I didn't want to rebuild the iTunes library when it already existed on my iTouch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
I had a similar problem about 18 months ago. iRip did not work for me because I store my iTunes Library on an external drive. After giving up on iRip I researched alternatives and found iPod Viewer.

iPod Viewer

It is freeware and recovered all the songs off my iPod Classic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
I hadn't heard of that software so I downloaded it and played with it a few minutes. Very nice interface and very fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.