EMAIL HELP - Setting up for my domain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Hello all

I have just registered a domain and would like to set up my Mail for a couple of new emails under the domain name.

I already have an account set up on Mail through my Internet Provider which I would like to keep by I want to add 2 email account off my domain.

I am not the best with these things so I would need an in-depth description on how to do it.

Cheers

Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Open up your Mail preferences, go to the accounts tab, then hit the + sign to add your new accounts. Just set them up like you did for your ISP account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Per D3v1L80Y, this works great. I have about four accounts running together in Mail.

My only issue with it is that they all deposit their mail into the same inbox. As a result, I prefer Thunderbird, which allows you to uniquely represent each account as a separate inbox.

Of course, I suspect I might be able to achieve the same thing with Mail rules... I will have to play around with this. I'll let you know if it works out nicely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Per D3v1L80Y, this works great. I have about four accounts running together in Mail.

My only issue with it is that they all deposit their mail into the same inbox. As a result, I prefer Thunderbird, which allows you to uniquely represent each account as a separate inbox.
Mail does this as well (to an extent).
Yes when you download your email, it all shows up in the main Inbox. But, if you twirl down on the main Inbox, you will see that it is sorted into sub-inboxes for each account you have.

Picture 2.png

OP
jim007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Open up your Mail preferences, go to the accounts tab, then hit the + sign to add your new accounts. Just set them up like you did for your ISP account.

The guy from my ISP set up my account so I have no idea what to do. I had a go but had no success.

My ISP email account is a POP (I don't know what this means, I know I should, but I don't) and I tried setting up an account from my domain, which is a POP too, but it said I already have a POP account set up. So I gave up before I ruined something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
D3v1L80Y, Thanks! It is a stupid little thing, but I have never even noticed the little "flippy triangle" by the inbox. That does EXACTLY what I have been looking for! Perfect, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.