Program Launch at OS Start UP not Account Log In?

Reaction score
I have three user accounts on my Mac. I want to launch a program at start up of the mac itself NOT through "accounts/log in items". Any ideas, is it possible?

Basically it is for remote desktop support, in that, I would like to access all accounts via logging out of one account and still have my Teamviewer application running in the back ground. Or start a RDS session with the mac turned on and resting at the "account log in" screen.

Reaction score
I have three user accounts on my Mac. I want to launch a program at start up of the mac itself NOT through "accounts/log in items". Any ideas, is it possible?

Basically it is for remote desktop support, in that, I would like to access all accounts via logging out of one account and still have my Teamviewer application running in the back ground. Or start a RDS session with the mac turned on and resting at the "account log in" screen.

I would suggest trying a site called www.logmein.com

They are good for the basic remote access, and also have a pro version for things like filesharing and printer/sound sharing... works once you have the computer turned on, doesnt need to be logged in to a specific account

OP
A
Reaction score
I would suggest trying a site called www.logmein.com

They are good for the basic remote access, and also have a pro version for things like filesharing and printer/sound sharing... works once you have the computer turned on, doesnt need to be logged in to a specific account

I haven't tried this Logmein.com site yet but I will if I can't get this to work. The thing that bothers me about this the most is that I can reboot my Work PC through my Mac and the Work PC will stay connected via Teamviewer but not the other way around.

The PC version of Teamviewer has this option:"Start Teamviewer With Windows" *see attached pic*

Mac has no such option that I can find so back to the question at hand...what is a possible workaround?

Teamviewer Set Up.png

Reaction score
Has anybody found a solution for this issue? I have the same problem.

I want to be able to log off at the end of the day, but still have remote access from home using TeamViewer.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't know if this will work but I think you might be able to make use of launchd to start a daemon in the background. This might be complex and ultimately not worth the effort depending on how TV works.

After a quick search, I seem to have found instructions for using launchd to start TV. Here you are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.