ATI Radeon HD 3780 and proper OS

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

First of all, excuse me for my bad English. I hope I won't make any mistakes.

I have a Mac Pro, not early 2008, 8 core models. 2.66 ghz one.

Recently i purchased ATI Radeon HD 3870 graphic card. I am using this computer to record music and also with bootcamp to play games.

I read the system requirements for the card, and it says i have to use Leopard OS. But some reasons, I don't want to use Leopard right now.

So I install the drivers for bootcamp (Windows), and use the card just for playing. And I am very pleased with performance.

However, last day, I forgot to press "alt" button to enter Windows, so Os X tiger booted. And the card worked just fine. After one week it still works just fine with both Windows and Tiger OS X.

But I wonder, can that card make any harm to itself, or my computer or anything else without working with proper drivers and OS?

I hope I made myself clear,

Thanks for reading,

Tunc Akin

EDIT: Sorry, I misspelled the name of the card in title. It should be 3870 not 3780

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't worry about it. The recommendation to use Leopard is just that, a recommendation. If the card works OK with Tiger, leave it alone. It won't cause any harm to your system. And since it works with Windows, that's even better. Have fun. :D

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. The recommendation to use Leopard is just that, a recommendation. If the card works OK with Tiger, leave it alone. It won't cause any harm to your system. And since it works with Windows, that's even better. Have fun. :D

Regards.

Dear chscag,

Thank you very much. It is such a relief for me.

Take good care.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.