I have a MacBook, want a DVD drive, what are my options?

Reaction score
Hello, hola, bonjour, ciao-
i have a macbook, and would really like to use iDVD to burn movies i've made in iMovie.

I've used an external dvd drive with patchburn, and it doesn't come out too well-the dvd's skip, freeze, etc.

What are my options, if I want to install a superdrive in my computer? Can I take it to Apple and have them do it? If they did, would I be able to get support for it when I needed? What do you think is the best option? Will Britney Spears get her children back?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
Go into the preferences for the external drive you have and set it at a slower burn speed that should help.

-Britney is def not getting her kids back, ever.

Reaction score
Go into the preferences for the external drive you have and set it at a slower burn speed that should help.

I also thought that until I was having some problems with my burns and find out that's an old wives tale. It's best, if everything to do with burning is up to par, to burn at close to max speed. Just remember there are a lot of issues involved, like quality of disks. Just because they are expensive doesn't mean they are good.
some good info: http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook

I also thought that until I was having some problems with my burns and find out that's an old wives tale. It's best, if everything to do with burning is up to par, to burn at close to max speed. Just remember there are a lot of issues involved, like quality of disks. Just because they are expensive doesn't mean they are good.
some good info: http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

What? Can you post a link to where you found out that's an "old wives tale" please?

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
The easiest way would be to sell your Macbook and get a used one with a DVD burner inside.

Otherwise, you're going to get the best performance from a Firewire drive, as there really isn't a data bottleneck like when using USB. Firewire 800 transfers data nearly as fast as your hard-drive can send the data to it, however Firewire 400 is still a vast improvement over USB.

Additionally, Firewire doesn't not sap any power from your processor as USB drives require the computer to "think" about what it's doing. Firewire is just picked up as another internal drive (for lack of a better explanation) so your processor doesn't have to think about how to translate the data into "USB code".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.