iOS4 thoughts and opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I personally love it. I have found my phone to be much quicker with less lag. I have waited patiently for 3 years to be able to run Pandora while I surf the www or send a text.

What do you guys think of it? any issues that you have noticed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have waited patiently for 3 years to be able to run Pandora while I surf the www or send a text.

Honestly, that's probably my favorite thing. That and a unified inbox.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have bit had the time yet to really mess with it but so far (I am running it on a old 3G so no Multitasking for me) are the folders. Cuts the number apps by a lot and easier to find them. Will report more later.

Is there a way to rename the folders? Have not even checked as I have been so busy today.

Edit: not sure if you can do it on the iphone itself, but easy in iTunes and the Apps tab. Click folder and you can rename there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
i used the Beta's all the way to GM on a 3G, very impressed --since friday i have a 3G and put iOS4 on it today.. still dig it, my only gripe at this point is -and at first on the 3G i thought it was the hardware- the multitasking, it does not seem to be 100% true multitasking.. ie. opening Tweetie for the first time or from the multitask "menu" seems about as fast.

other than that kudos Apple for a great OS.

(ps. regarding the multitasking; it would be cool if you could set how many apps you allow to be open at the same time, based of first open - first closed)

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have bit had the time yet to really mess with it but so far (I am running it on a old 3G so no Multitasking for me) are the folders. Cuts the number apps by a lot and easier to find them. Will report more later.

Is there a way to rename the folders? Have not even checked as I have been so busy today.

Edit: not sure if you can do it on the iphone itself, but easy in iTunes and the Apps tab. Click folder and you can rename there.

if you push and hold the folder icon until everything wiggles then tap again on the same folder it will pop up a small bar that allows you to rename the folder. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
ps. Apple: let us turn labels OFF on the Springboard --that would be appreciated, just too distracting and looks cluttered.

(only for that i'm not sure if i wanna JB)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thank you KoDorSean! I knew there had to be a way. I tried that but did not hold down long enough I guess. Thanks again.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you KoDorSean! I knew there had to be a way. I tried that but did not hold down long enough I guess. Thanks again.

No problemo! Happy to help.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i used the Beta's all the way to GM on a 3G, very impressed --since friday i have a 3G and put iOS4 on it today.. still dig it, my only gripe at this point is -and at first on the 3G i thought it was the hardware- the multitasking, it does not seem to be 100% true multitasking.. ie. opening Tweetie for the first time or from the multitask "menu" seems about as fast.

other than that kudos Apple for a great OS.

(ps. regarding the multitasking; it would be cool if you could set how many apps you allow to be open at the same time, based of first open - first closed)

Can you explain how its not 100% true multitasking?

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
supposedly 15 new voice control commands --only one i found so far is asking "what time is it".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Can you explain how its not 100% true multitasking?

Thanks...

okay, i open the App Store -it starts loading.. i go to another app in the meantime assuming it will keep loading, switch back to App Store and it did not continue loading..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
I like it, but it seems to have slowed my 3G down quite a bit. It seems like the applications pop open very rapidly initially, but then they just stay on the white screen for a second or two longer. I can say though that the apple version of folders is WAY better than the jailbreak :)Lips-Are-Sealed:) version. Fast, easy, and simple.

The good thing is that I am upgradeable right now, so I'll be getting a Iphone 4 soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
okay, i open the App Store -it starts loading.. i go to another app in the meantime assuming it will keep loading, switch back to App Store and it did not continue loading..

Ya, similar to if you open a new browser page in Safari and the one you left behind loading doesn't continue until you return to it....that's not cool

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
roeiboot; said:

I see, thanks. One thing I have noticed that I don't like is the fact that every app you open stays open in the multitasking bar. Unless there is a setting to change that that I have not found yet. Some apps I just have no need to keep open and multitask all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Overall, I love iOS 4 and it runs great on my iPhone 3G. I have to admit, the first 20 minutes or so after having iOS 4 on my 3G, the phone was extremely slow & at one point froze and restarted itself. Well, after that, I saw a complete turnaround! The phone has since improved dramatically & actually seems faster than before installing iOS 4! I love Folders, the new spell checker, iBooks and everything else. Great update, Apple!!!

Reaction score
Well everything is definitely smoother. I just don't like the fact that I cant get a wallpaper on my 3G. Doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
I haven't experienced the spell checker yet, where is it?
With my bad spelling I need it...

Reaction score
I see, thanks. One thing I have noticed that I don't like is the fact that every app you open stays open in the multitasking bar. Unless there is a setting to change that that I have not found yet. Some apps I just have no need to keep open and multitask all the time.

u could press n hold the app and del it while u r in the multitasking bar. juz like how u del app from phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.