Which bit torrent client to use for Mac os 10.4.11

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using MacBook (13-inch Mid 2007) with OS X 10.4.11 and lately i discovered that using Vuze downloader have been causing kernel panic attacks on my macbook. Now iam in search of another torrent client. Any suggestions???? I don't want to get used to another downloaded just to discover that its not compatiable enough with the system.

OP
K
Reaction score
I tried using bit torrent.. but whenever i try opening the application.. the bit torrent symbol just jumped once on task bar and then stop....

Reaction score
Fox-Cities, WI (Appleton - Green Bay area)
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM running Final Cut Studio & Adobe Master Collection
AND uTorrent DOES NOT work with 10.411, must have 10.5 Leopard minimum, unfortunately for those old Macs still running Tiger... I get this answer everywhere I ask what to use for for a bit-torrent client for OS X 10.411 TIGER & uTorrent is not the answer as Tiger's NOT supported any longer by uTorrent-say's right on the link page but people don't usually think before posting it seems. So far I've only been able to find Tomato Torrent & Transmission both of which I personally find noticeably inferior (by FAR) to uTorrent. I guess just throw away that perfectly good Power PC Mac & crap $3k for a new one Apple will encourage you to throw away in 3 years from now as well...or so it certainly seems doesn't it? Oh well I'm merely stating facts. Good luck & thanks to any who knows & posts a good bit-torrent client for Tiger. Much appreciated in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You may wish to try Transmission, however the main problem is Tiger is getting ancient and developers have moved on to Leopard as a minimum and Lion. Transmission for Tiger was version 1.54, but no development for almost two years so cannot guarantee how it will perform now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, but running Tiger on your Mac is like running Windows ME on your PC. Both are long outmoded.... I know it's hard to let go of an old machine (I still drive my 98 Mustang) but at some point it's just not practical.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can get older versions of Transmission here, one of which works with Tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.