iPhone 3G working on T-Mobile UK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I've been searching for the past hour or so and can't find anything regarding the iPhone working on T-Mobile UK since 2007 and the original iPhone.

My situation is: I'm either going to get an iPhone 3G or a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero). Right now I'm certainly leaned towards the Hero, but I'd still like to know if anybody has got the iPhone 3G working properly on the T-Mobile UK network?

I'm currently on a 30-day rolling Solo 10 plan (£10 a month, 150 mins, 300 texts, data for additional £5 a month) which I am very happy with, and I was wondering if the iPhone 3G would be able to receive 3G connections and basically work the whole way round by putting it on the Solo 10 plan with the additional data.

Does anyone know if this would work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 21in 2.5 GHz Core i5-ipad Air-iphone 32gb
Iphones have only worked on 02 network up till now,sometime in the near future other operators will be running iphones.

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphones have only worked on 02 network up till now,sometime in the near future other operators will be running iphones.

I meant jailbroken. I know people use their iPhones on T-Mobile and Vodafone and other networks, I was just wondering if the 3G connection still worked on T-Mobile UK.

Reaction score
The way you can tell is look at the frequencies of their 3G network. For example T-Mobile in the US runs 1700 so it will not work with the 3G/GS as The iPhone runs at 850/1900/2100(I think I know it's 2X00) frequencies.

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The way you can tell is look at the frequencies of their 3G network. For example T-Mobile in the US runs 1700 so it will not work with the 3G/GS as The iPhone runs at 850/1900/2100(I think I know it's 2X00) frequencies.

Ok, thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I can't find the specific frequencies for T-Mobile UK listen anywhere, but I did find information about the T-Mobile webConnect (the USB modem) which runs on 1700/1900/2100, so T-Mobile UK must be able to run those frequencies on phones too... Well, I won't take any chances, I'll research some more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.