Damaged my system?

Reaction score
Hi, I installed the software for an audio interface, Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1, after a lot of difficulty (you have to get different software to the stuff which comes in the box for Snow Leopard). It was working more or less but I had a few questions so I posted a thread on their website. They advised me to uninstall and reinstall. However when I did this things got much worse, the sound breaks up if I try to control it with midi, and it crashes Ableton Live.

Ok, I have uninstalled the midi mapping software and things seem to be ok, I can use the interface without midi. There was a brief glitch concerning the driver but it seems ok now.

My questions basically are

1. Why would a programme work before, but not after a reinstall.

2. Could any of this have harmed my operating system or Ableton Live

3. In their manual it says something like do not try to install if it's already installed as this may harm your system - oops, too late! Can installing a programme when its already installed really do any harm?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How did u do the uninstall? Try the sequence again using Appcleanerand then do a fresh install.
Probably would not have harmed anything but could have confused the situation.

Reaction score
check for a .plist file in preferences folder; I would delete it and reinstall the app and it should be all good (hopefully)

OP
F
Reaction score
I did the uninstall manually, they gave a list of things to delete. I also did a search to see if there was anything else. I downloaded Appcleaner, but I dont think I have anything left to delete, its just that when I install, its a pile of junk.

By the way, the same company sent me an update for a different programme. Im not sure if I should uninstall the old one or not before running it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
As a clean up sequence i would install the old one, then use App Cleaner to remove it then install the newer version just to be on the safe side. After that i would repair the permissions as well.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.