why the lit underneath my mbp keyboard doesnt lit up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbookpro 15" 3.05GHz 4GB DDR3 500HDD / IMac 27' i7 8GB DDR3 ram 2TB Sata HDD / Iphone4
y is the lit underneath my mbp keyboard doenst lit up as usual, just got my mbp on this jan 2010...it still lit up last few time during the startup....and it keep on lit on n off for several time during power saving mode...so, is that mean something went wrong with the lit underneath the keyboard?!...i did reboot for few times...and it just wont lit up.......y is this happening?!...i just got my mbp for 2 months..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Give Apple a call! You're under warranty, so don't sweat it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
check your lighting condition when you're using the notebook. The keyboard light is design to turn off when not in low light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
check your lighting condition when you're using the notebook. The keyboard light is design to turn off when not in low light.

Correct. This is most likely the situation. You have to be in a dimly-lit room to activate the backlit keyboard. Try turning the lights out and see if it works then. Post back if it still isn't working.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbookpro 15" 3.05GHz 4GB DDR3 500HDD / IMac 27' i7 8GB DDR3 ram 2TB Sata HDD / Iphone4
thanks for the reply guys, i did tried on the F5 and F6 button, and it show this locked icon with it...and it just wont react to both button i pressed...

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unearth thailand

Correct. This is most likely the situation. You have to be in a dimly-lit room to activate the backlit keyboard. Try turning the lights out and see if it works then. Post back if it still isn't working.

last time it did lit on in a light room...but how come out of sudden it just seems to be deactivated...was i accidently press on any button to deactivated the keyboard backlit?!...i still new to mac :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If it lit up in a lit room, you may have had the speakers covered, where the light sensors are!
You didn't answer ....did you go to a dark room and try it, and if so is it working then?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it lit up in a lit room, you may have had the speakers covered, where the light sensors are!
You didn't answer ....did you go to a dark room and try it, and if so is it working then?

yea, it did lit up in the dark room, but i do remembered when i first received my mbp, the back lit underneath the keyboard just lit up whenever i start my mbp...just wondering y out of sudden, it just wont lit up...any button that can deactivate the sensors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
This is what happens when the last Apple 'book I owned was an iceBook. I didn't even know the things had light sensors in them now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If it works it works, and in the new MBP, the sensor is located next to the isight camera on the screen unlike the old ones under the speaker grills.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you want it lit when you want instead of when the light sensor says to light it, grab Lab Tick.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you want it lit when you want instead of when the light sensor says to light it, grab Lab Tick.

well, i did tried on the lab tick, it works well...just..i m kinda person who r into perfection, LOL...i just wanted to find out y is it there's a locked icon showing when i press the F5 n F6 button which is the adjustment button for the keyboard lit, is it the button only work when the lit is on? afterall, mac do really cost a hellish price...doenst want to be like...owning an it n yet doenst really know how to get along with it...anywhere, thanks for all the feeback, really appreciate it~ ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the lock icon presents itself when the sensors tell it that it's too light for the backlight!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I'm thinking you may have your ambient light setting on. So when you stoop over close to the screen, the notebook sensor thinks it's in low light, thus the lit keyboard.

Maybe...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.