Google Chrome does not work Parallels

Reaction score
I am running Parallels on a MacBook Air, and Google Chrome does not seem to work. (I am running Chrome in OSX, does this matter?)

I get the following message (see text if image doesn't work):

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc.000005). Click on okay to terminate

4wl0l5IvNxjTHr2D0qcSCmQHgqcYrP1uxc4PvQk6t5g

Model Name: MacBook Air
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Parallels Running Windows XP Pro, SP3

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What OS are you trying to run Chrome on? In other words, what OS is your VM?

As a first step, without knowing the OS, is to reinstall Chrome. Have you done this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
He says hes running "Parallels Running Windows XP Pro, SP3" at the end of his OP, but I cat help either. Try and reinstall again?

OP
A
Reaction score
Update on my progress with Parallels

Thanks everyone for being so kind and patient with me.

I am running Windows XP Professional running SP 3.

Again specs are:
SPECS:
Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Things were going fine, I installed a few PC applications without a problem (Daemon Tools, PhraseExpress, FXCM Trading Station)

Then I started getting these messages that some of the applications couldn't be installed because of some hiccup during initializing.

It happened during WinRar, Google Chrome, FXCM Strategy Trader (different program than mentioned above).

(I realize I can use some of these in the native MAC OSX, but the point is I paid for Parallels for this very reason).

In the case of Google Chrome and FXCM Strategy Trader, the programs would install, but the programs could not be started.

See examples (It's a Google Doc, it won't bite):

ErrorList.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Just a little question - given that you could run Chrome under OSX why would you want to run it under XP? Should you have bought a PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Have you tried booting into windows - then trying the install? It could be something in parallels is causing a problem. I've not seen this error before.

However I agree with Sawday - yes you paid for parallels - but I wouldn't use anything under parallels that I already have on Mac. It is a double waste of resources as having to run through a VM a program that can run native takes more resources than just running native.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
He says hes running "Parallels Running Windows XP Pro, SP3" at the end of his OP, but I cat help either.
Whoops, my bad! I'm going to blame this on the fact that tomorrow is a holiday ;).

Do you have Symantec Endpoint Protection installed by any chance? It seems that this application can cause you some problems. It's also noted that disabling sandboxing can prevent you from getting this error. See here for instructions on disabling sandboxing along with a description of what sandboxing is in Chrome. There are also instructions on how to fix the problem if you have Symantec Endpoint Protection installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.