When will Mac upgrade the Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
I need one but I want the newest. Any idea when they might upgrade it to tne new model?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Any idea when they might upgrade it to tne new model?

What "new model"?...I haven't heard of a new model. When it hits the store shelves...that when we will know a "new model" has been released.;)

The "newest" is what's currently available...so go for it!:)

- Nick

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh lol I mean, the newest upgrade, as they do every so often...I sense it may be coming soon so I want to wait.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh lol I mean, the newest upgrade, as they do every so often...I sense it may be coming soon so I want to wait.

The last time the Macbook Pro's were updated was this last April 2010...so you may be right about an update coming soon. That last update was sort of major with the intro of the "i" series of processors (i5 & i7)...and some pretty good video hardware.

So the next MBP update may not be as major...and may only be a processor "speed bump".

- Nick

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True...I just hate it when you buy a computer and a week later they have a new one with everything on the website saying how much better it is than the old one lol.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True...I just hate it when you buy a computer and a week later they have a new one with everything on the website saying how much better it is than the old one lol.

If you're smart (and I'm sure you are!);)...one of the best ways to get a good deal on a new computer is when the new models are released...then you buy one of the previous models (just discontinued) at hopefully a generously discounted price.

If the next MBP update is only a "speed bump"...with no major added features over the old models...then buying one of the previous generation models is the way to go from the "bang for your buck" standpoint.

Just got to wait & see what the new ones look like!:)

- Nick

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nick:
Good point! I may just do that. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I need one but I want the newest. Any idea when they might upgrade it to tne new model?

The iX processors were added one year after Windows machines got them.
I don't see Apple putting in USB 3 / Lightpeak for at least 2 years now, so nothing to really upgrade on. Even SSD's will probably come at a later date. New graphics cards are being released (in February, I think) so don't expect those to go in right away.

Just do what Pigoo recommended, and see what they release then get this current 2010 MBP for cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.