Filing a complaint to Apple

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Apple has an official complaints department. I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and the telephone sales assistant assured me that I would receive it by the date I needed it, but it actually failed to arrive. I did get it in the end (two days later) but it caused me a whole heap of grief. I have checked the Apple site "Contact Us" page and it has every address other than a complaints department address!

Any help is much appreciated

Jason

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't think this is something Apple is going to care about - the problem lies with the shipping company. Once the product leaves Apple, they can no longer control how long it will take.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hmmm

Thanks for the reply! I hear what your saying and your probably right, but I made it clear to the sales person that why I needed it so urgently and he assured me that it would get to me by the specified date. It's not a huge deal I know, but this is the first time I have felt quite disappointed with an Apple service and felt that they don't actually care as long as the products out the money's in their bank.

Thanks again. J

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the reply! I hear what your saying and your probably right, but I made it clear to the sales person that why I needed it so urgently and he assured me that it would get to me by the specified date. It's not a huge deal I know, but this is the first time I have felt quite disappointed with an Apple service and felt that they don't actually care as long as the products out the money's in their bank.

Thanks again. J

As Vansmith mentioned...Apple is not at fault (assuming that the computer shipped on the day it was supposed to). Once the computer leaves Apples hands...it's in the shipping companies possession.

And what if you do find someone at Apple to listen to this complaint (or to write to)...what do you expect them to do?? You got the computer...it's working fine...what else do you want?

All shipments are important to everyone...especially getting a new computer...which may involve being at home to receive the delivery...since many times you have to sign for it. But stuff happens.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think you should advise Apple of the late delivery in order they can send the freight company a rocket. Nothing at all to do with Apple's service.

C

chas_m

AND you should be properly complaining to the shipping company (who DO have a complaint department) once you find out from Apple when the unit actually went out. The problem, and therefore whatever "resolution" you're expecting to get, lies with them.

Reaction score
Apple Complaints

Old thread I know but I called Apple Headquarters using the information in the link and they transferred me to their complaints department. They were able to let me know exactly when my package left Apple.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Old thread I know but I called Apple Headquarters using the information in the link and they transferred me to their complaints department.

You were most likely actually connected to Apple Customer Service...not the "complaints department".:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Reminds me of the "You want it when?" signs. Another translation: Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency for us. Or, he who hesitates is lost, or, the early bird gets the worm, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.