Ipod Touch App ?? for beginner

Reaction score
Can you use the itunes applications on your ipod touch without having a Wifi connection? I know you need the Wifi to download new apps but can you play/use them without the wifi?

Might be a silly question but I am new to the touch. I still use my old outdated ipod.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yep sure can ... It works just like it would as using it on your Mac ...
Enjoy it i love my iTouch :)

OP
S
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there are web based applications that don't unless you have a Wifi connection, is that true or will they all run?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have about 16 games on mine that dont need wi-fi but there are some others apps that do need wi-fi..
Sorry didnt read your 1st post properly :( my bad.
Will just depend on what app you have ??

OP
S
Reaction score
ipod touch ??? beginner

I read somewhere that there are web based applications that don't unless you have a Wifi connection, is that true or will they all run?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was just looking in the app store and there isnt really anywhere that tells you. Some apps say in the requirements that you need wif-fi and the ones i have that is only for putting scores on-line.
Am looking at the Lonely Planet App and and thats a map type where things are app and looks as if it needs wi-fi but doesnt say anywhere.
The apps you get though you should have some idea of what it is you are getting and if it needs wi-fi access .. The ones i have i did research and read the reviews and worked out that they need wi-fi ... FB is one ...
So maybe a little research before you buy ??

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
How do you know which are web based?
Are you talking about web apps like Gmail? If so, it should be pretty evident what the answer is ;). Otherwise, read the descriptions in the App Store to see if a network connection is required to use the app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.