when is it shipping?!?!?!

Reaction score
i ordered it the 20th but i allready got my ipod and aiport extreme, now how about the laptop!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I believe at least some notebooks are built-to-order as I've heard the same thing from other new Mac owners. The Airport Extreme is probably well-stocked and the iPod generally ships straight from Shanghai.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Well it depends if its even been built yet. Computers don't arrive in 2 days. I've never heard of that happening.

Macs are built specially for the person who orders them. Mine took exactly a week to arrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz 2gb DDR2 8600gt w/ 128mb vram
Same here, i ordered my mbp on June 14th. Im not so happy that they changed the dates for shipping. It's "Prepared to Ship".

I just got an e-mail saying:

We appreciate your recent purchase through the online Apple Store.

The following is an update regarding the status of your order
XXXXXXXXXXX.

Due to an unexpected delay, we were unable to ship your product(s) by
the date originally quoted to you. We now anticipate shipping the
following item(s) as follows:

XXXX, MBP 15/2.4 CTO
Ships by Jun 29 - Jul 3
Delivers by Jul 3 - Jul 10

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

It was originally ships by Jun 19 - Jun 21 and now they changed it on me. So I gotta wait another week to get it....

I also got my ipod already, like you many of us are just waiting for Apple to keep up with demand.

Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 1.83 white
My first one i ordered on a sunday and got it by wed that same week, custom and all. However my second MB ordered on a monday shipped on thursday, and got the following monday, and that was with 2nd day air. still not bad from Shanghai.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea jim probably won't be shipped till monday or later next week though, it sucks.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB
Same here, i ordered my mbp on June 14th. Im not so happy that they changed the dates for shipping. It's "Prepared to Ship".

I just got an e-mail saying:

We appreciate your recent purchase through the online Apple Store.

The following is an update regarding the status of your order
XXXXXXXXXXX.

Due to an unexpected delay, we were unable to ship your product(s) by
the date originally quoted to you. We now anticipate shipping the
following item(s) as follows:

XXXX, MBP 15/2.4 CTO
Ships by Jun 29 - Jul 3
Delivers by Jul 3 - Jul 10

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

It was originally ships by Jun 19 - Jun 21 and now they changed it on me. So I gotta wait another week to get it....

I also got my ipod already, like you many of us are just waiting for Apple to keep up with demand.

Oh well.

Dude, call Apple!!!! Tell them your frustrated!!! They gave me a Speck Case to apologize for my inconvenience!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dude, call Apple!!!! Tell them your frustrated!!! They gave me a Speck Case to apologize for my inconvenience!

What do i tell them? Just say im ******, the person on the phone will probably say that there isn't anything they can do, plus its the weekend.

Just tell me what to do and ill do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I just explained my situation:

I am a 21 year old Med Student at UCLA - I'm BROKE! This laptop was a gift from a family friend, and now that I had to send mine back, only to have it delayed two weeks (even though they shipped it today). Due to this, I am now forced to rent a laptop to complete my schoolwork (which is not exactly true, I am now borrowing my poor brother's machine). Renting a Laptop is 20 bucks a day (which is really expensive). I asked if they could either get me my computer faster, or help offset the cost of this renting.

They offered me an iPod Shuffle, but I got a free Nano when I ordered the laptop. So they let me pick from a selection of stuff from the store (all like 50-60 bucks), and I picked a Speck See-Thru case.

I got it in yesterday, several days before my laptop even comes in :)

EDIT: What I would do in your case is simply explain that you are frustrated and NEED your laptop, then ask if they can do anything to help. Be nice to them and they will give you stuff. I was and they did

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WOW NVM GG APPLE.

It shipped on the morning of 22nd, but didn't update my order status till now. It just got into indianapolis from anchorage and should be here monday, apple is still god.

Steve Jobs is my hero, now i have to count down the hours till it gets here.

58 hours and counting...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It shouldn't be long. It only took my last iPod about 2 days to go from Shanghai to Alaska, to my doorstep, believe it or not.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I ordered my 15" mbp back on the 21st of June and can't wait for it to come in. I found this forum when I was doing a search about mbp. I have to say that my eyes were a little watery because this was exactly what I was looking for. I'm new to the mac world, and was never good at the computer stuff. Hope that I can learn a few things here and there from you mac veterns.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got mine today :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a MBP 15 inch, 2.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, dishwasher
my mbp just shipped from china today!!! I hope it gets here by friday can anyone tell me how long theres took? I live in az if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine came to Southern California - shipped on Friday -> I got it on Monday at 8:30 am

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.