RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Just wondering? :DO:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb

Why? Are you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
NO WAY! I've seen my fare share of netbooks and I haven't been impressed by anyone of them…mostly because they are all over-loaded with windows on a small computer that can't really handle that much software on a small atom processor. Also, the fact that it's a cheap(quality and price) version of a regular notebook/laptop just ruins the cool/fun factor of owning one. It's not like one will go, "Oh, I think I'm going to bust out my netbook to have fun with it!" I have never seen even 1 netbook that impressed me!

The thing that I noticed is that there are indeed netbooks that have more ram and a faster atom processor, which would make it seem like it would be fast on paper, or at least give you acceptable performance…unfortunately, that's not the case. Here, though, you get the A4 that is 1ghz and is blazing fast because it is all designed to WORK TOGETHER…something that M$ needs to figure out…or not:)

Why are you asking?

WRITTEN FROM MY IPAD:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Let's see, beautiful and highly functional tablet to complement my desktop and laptop, or a painfully slow, poorly designed (netbook keyboards feel like they're designed for children rather than adults) and inelegant netbook that I would have absolutely zero use for since I already have a very capable laptop. Yes, I can see why this would be a hard choice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Plus there is THIS that no netbook can compete with!

Sorry I couldn't help it... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Just wondering? :DO:)

I have a trusty Asus 1000H with an extended battery. It does what it's supposed to. I've traveled with it and it wears well. No complaints about it. Never a wi-fi issue. I can print from it. It has a built in camera. It's certainly not as glamorous as the iPad. Just a matter of what you want or need (?). I've got a 3G coming this week but, having not used it yet, there's no real to die for purpose for it. So far, the Asus would appear more functional to me. Perhaps my view will change once I get the iPad. I think netbooks were a good idea. I remember being excited when I first got it. Things have a way of losing their luster after a short while. Love is the only thing that endures, and it never fails. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Ahhhh, let me think about that just a second .......... No!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Plus there is THIS that no netbook can compete with!

Sorry I couldn't help it... :p

Well, I don't think my Asus 1000H is amazing or beautiful. Nope. And certainly not incredible. :Smirk:.

Apparently, the iPad that's coming will be. Of course, I would settle for just - well - wonderful. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I have a Dell mini netbook. I use it only for keeping my journal. Other than that I use my Macbook pro. There is no comparison

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Actually, I would like to slightly retract my hate for netbooks. I like them a lot for one reason…and this is enough for me to have one. I like being able to use it just so I can have something to download material(music, files, and such), without worring that something will get a virus…M$…arghhh…that is too important to get ruined by the virus.
I think netbooks are good for downloading files…simply put.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
No, But I did sell my iPad. I would never buy another Netbook like Kash said it's keyboard is something designed for children, But I guess for $299 you get what you pay for.

For now I'll stick with my Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I didn't like typing on it, Also didn't like always having to hold it up with one hand. It's nice because it's small,light weight and doesn't get hot like my Macbook Pro.

I gave it a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Interesting. I mean I heard mixed reviews about typing/handling the iPad, but none of the reviewers were upset with it to the point of returning it.

I personally don't have one yet, that will happen soon. I did however get a chance to play with one at the Apple Store and it was a fairly pleasant experience.

Anyone else that share the same opinion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a lot of fun to play with, My wife loved mine. I will probably pick one up off craigslist in a month or so when I can get a 16GB for $300.

don't get me wrong It has many uses, A buddy of mine owns a glass business before he had to lug around his laptop in his Van with a MiFi , now he uses his iPad with his MiFi it's been great for him he can do all his invoices,emails..etc right through the iPad and with the excellent battery life he only needs to recharge at night where as a laptop is good for maybe 4.5 hours at the most.

for me I work at the post office no need to use it for work. Also I could see where the iPad could become big in the health care industry.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have absolutely no regrets. Just remembering a lot of the pre-release comparisons between the iPad and net books.
Having used my iPad the last 3 days and gotten used to the virtual keyboard, other than storage/data transfer ports I don't see anything a net book would give me that the iPad doesn't. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Interesting. I mean I heard mixed reviews about typing/handling the iPad, but none of the reviewers were upset with it to the point of returning it.

I personally don't have one yet, that will happen soon. I did however get a chance to play with one at the Apple Store and it was a fairly pleasant experience.

Anyone else that share the same opinion?

It was a bit awkward at first to hold but only because I was being so careful with it. Once I got a good feel for it, I got more comfortable with manhandling it and I really enjoy holding and typing on it.

Reaction score
Why this thread? Do you have second thoughts about your purchase?

Reaction score
Different animals. I have both. Work is easy on the net book, but taking the iPad to meetings is far easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.