just me or does itunes 8 suck??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MB - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM - OSX 10.5.8
I was sooo happy when they came out with that little eye button in the bottom right hand corner. That sort of view was a feature I'd been hoping for, for a long time. What happened to it??? And I think the old Albums view was so much better!

Anyone know where I can download an older version or itunes?

Was there such a version that had that "eye view" and the old albums view, but also had the genius side bar? I swear one of my friends has it on PC o.o. I want THAT version.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What exactly did Eye View do? I probably know it by a different name. You can still view by albums. There is a View selector at the top right by the search field and the Album view has 4 other selections.

I was sooo happy when they came out with that little eye button in the bottom right hand corner. That sort of view was a feature I'd been hoping for, for a long time. What happened to it??? And I think the old Albums view was so much better!

Anyone know where I can download an older version or itunes?

Was there such a version that had that "eye view" and the old albums view, but also had the genius side bar? I swear one of my friends has it on PC o.o. I want THAT version.

OP
psychodork
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The eye button added a frame on top of itunes that listed the artists and then a frame next to that that listed the albums by the selected artist. I don't know, it's hard to explain, but it worked like an ipod.

I know you can still view by album, but they changed it, and I hate it =/. It used to list them straight down and have the tracks listed next to the pictures.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The eye button added a frame on top of itunes that listed the artists and then a frame next to that that listed the albums by the selected artist. I don't know, it's hard to explain, but it worked like an ipod.

I know you can still view by album, but they changed it, and I hate it =/. It used to list them straight down and have the tracks listed next to the pictures.

Try this and see if it's close. Go to the View dropdown and first select Show Browser and then click from the View drop down Show Artwork Column.

See if that is close to what you are missing. If not sorry. Looks close to what I remember.

OP
psychodork
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, that's pretty close. Thanks =).

Is there a way to get rid of the genre part of the browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2GHZ - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD - 500GB External HD - 8GB iPod Touch
At first i was unsure if i like iTunes 8.0 but as the time went on i grew to like it. I can have all my albums all neat and tidy (Im a tidy freak) and not have to view them in coverflow when you want to show them by there covers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.