Parting out Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have an Early 2008 Macbook Pro which has been dropped a couple of times - Besides the presumed denting, the screen has light grey streaks throughout. I'd like to sell it - either to one of these companies like ifixit, or, if I'll make more, would like to part it out. Have you had experience with this before? Which way will I make more money? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll probably make more by parting it out on eBay or Craig's list. Of course that depends on how useable the parts are.

OP
O
Reaction score
You'll probably make more by parting it out on eBay or Craig's list. Of course that depends on how useable the parts are.

Which parts in particular do you recommend selling? How would you break the computer down?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The two which will be in most demand are the logic board and display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.