Screen Shots don't go to Photo Stream ?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I am getting a lot of earache from my better half, because her iPad2 Screen Shots don't goto Photo Stream, they always did before yesterday, now they go to Photos ONLY, why is this happening, any ideas anyone ?

It seems to be happening at the same time her Gmail account doesn't want to send any emails from her iPad. So as she wanted to send a screen shot to a friend, and COULDNT, i thought i could easily send it from "our" PhotoStream on my MacBookPro, this is when i found it wasn't actually on photo stream !!!!

And then to make matters worse i found i couldn't Move or Copy a photo from her Photos folder, to her PhotoStream folder, so i have been getting a double dose of earache, can somebody advise please ?

tim

C

chas_m

All I can tell you is that my iPad (original) screen shots do indeed go into PhotoStream, and appear nearly instantly on all linked devices (in my case a MacBook and iPhone 4).

The problem might be tied to the sudden inability to send email but I doubt it. More likely, the Photostream preference has been turned off on that machine (and IIRC it requires a me.com account, not gmail, to work in the first place, doesn't it?).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
All I can tell you is that my iPad (original) screen shots do indeed go into PhotoStream, and appear nearly instantly on all linked devices (in my case a MacBook and iPhone 4).

The problem might be tied to the sudden inability to send email but I doubt it. More likely, the Photostream preference has been turned off on that machine (and IIRC it requires a me.com account, not gmail, to work in the first place, doesn't it?).

Ok thanks Chas_M, it had been working perfectly from new, always going to Photo Stream, it isn't turned off or Disabled in any way.

It cannot possibly be anything to do with Gmail of that i am sure, that is just a spanner thrown in the works for good measure, somebody up there isn't on my side this weekend LOL

In fact i shall NOW take a photo with my iPhone and see where that goes to, if anywhere.

tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Later:- Great, as i feared, i took both a photo and a screen shot using my iPhone, while i was indoors and connected to my homes WiFi, these two pictures didn't go to Photo Stream GGGgggggrrrrrrrrr ! they went to "Camera Roll" ok.

back to square, it seems a call to Apple Support is on the cards, Dam, how i hate admitting defeat !.

tim

C

chas_m

And you're ABSOLUTELY SURE that in your iPhone's settings under iCloud that you a) have an account there and b) that Photo Stream says "On" next to it?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
And you're ABSOLUTELY SURE that in your iPhone's settings under iCloud that you a) have an account there and b) that Photo Stream says "On" next to it?

Hi Chas, I live quite close to the Apple Store, so i made an appointment for 10 am this morning and i have just got back.

I met up with an Apple Techie and a trainee Techie and i explained the problem that there was one particular "screen shot" photo on the wifes iPad that hadn't gone to iCloud !, they checked the settings etc. just like i had done many times, they had to admit it was very strange.

Then the Trainee suggested why not take a ScreenShot photo of the problem Photo while it is being displayed in the Photos Folder ....

He did that, and of course the dammed picture went to Photo Stream / iCloud straightaway !!!

They collectively couldn't explain why this ONE particular photo didn't goto to iCloud before !.

So i have to say Problem Solved ?, thanks for your efforts chas trying to help, i appreciate it very much.

Tim

C

chas_m

Sounds like the one problem photo may be corrupted in some way (though still viewable). Huh, you've found an interesting bug there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.