• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple introduces new MacBook Airs at WWDC 2013

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Meh I missed the first part of the stream and missed this part. I'm kind of disappointed. Was hoping for Mac OSX tablet. >_<" Looks like Microsoft might see some of my money. >_>"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm actually impressed with the new 11" Air but I would definitely opt for the 256GB SSD rather than the standard 128GB. Any idea of what the new Intel Haswell integrated GPU is? (I know what the CPU is but no mention of the graphics.)

Reaction score
I'm actually impressed with the new 11" Air but I would definitely opt for the 256GB SSD rather than the standard 128GB. Any idea of what the new Intel Haswell integrated GPU is? (I know what the CPU is but no mention of the graphics.)

I was also impressed with the new MacBook Air. I have a 2012 11" Air with 8GB Ram and the 128GB SSD but I might just have to upgrade. I will probably get the 512 GB SSD. I am liking the sound of the extended battery life, improved wifi and the faster flash.

Reaction score
Really enjoying my Macbook Air.

With these improvements, would buy a Mac Air in a heartbeat if looking.

Reaction score
Just ordered my new macbook air last night. 13" 256 SSD, upgraded to I7 and 8 GB of RAM. Can't wait!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Meh I missed the first part of the stream and missed this part. I'm kind of disappointed. Was hoping for Mac OSX tablet. >_<" Looks like Microsoft might see some of my money. >_>"

:Shouting: WHAT !!!!!! You know thats never going to happen. Or in the near future anyways. The iPad/Mini that i have, i can do what ever i need to on it, that i can do on my Mac, and have found Apps to do just that, with DropBox and iCloud, I'm set :)

Same here. Im actually thinking of heading up to the 13.3" MBA over my MBP on my next upgrade. Im always impressed by my girls 13" MBA and always saying to her "Its just so light" and now with 12 hrs battery . . . . Im bought :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
brand new and outdated!

I'm one ticked customer - just bought a new MacBook Air 3 weeks ago (at an Apple store) and there was no mention of a new one coming out. I love my Air, but seems the new one has more for $200 less!
Rant over.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm one ticked customer - just bought a new MacBook Air 3 weeks ago (at an Apple store) and there was no mention of a new one coming out. I love my Air, but seems the new one has more for $200 less!
Rant over.

This sort of thing happens all the time. The ONLY way to avoid it...is to delay purchasing the computer you want until a new model is just released...then you buy.

Of course in some cases waiting is unavoidable (need the computer now!). If you could have waited...then you were in control of your own destiny!;)

Me...I never buy new anymore. So I never have this problem!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
ha ha. This has happened to me many many times.

In fact, the best barometer of when to buy, is not, when I bought something. Wait. ;)

Reaction score
We've also learned to 'wait' for the new announcements when buying new.

The Apple product information pipeline has been accurate.

Sorry to hear about your 3 week old purchase. It's a great machine, nonetheless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
Exchanged!!!

This sort of thing happens all the time. The ONLY way to avoid it...is to delay purchasing the computer you want until a new model is just released...then you buy.

Of course in some cases waiting is unavoidable (need the computer now!). If you could have waited...then you were in control of your own destiny!;)

Me...I never buy new anymore. So I never have this problem!:)

- Nick

Amazingly, the Apple Store let me exchange it, as the display on mine was defective, so I now have the new Macbook Air! Am most pleased!

Reaction score
Just finished setting up my new Mac Air 13.3. I have a 10.6 from 2012 which is now in the hands of my wife. I went with the 1.7 I5 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD. This sucker is lightening fast. I am looking forward to the 12 hour battery life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.